jimbow8   06-11-2005, 02:27 AM
I just watched this documentary and must say that I was shocked at some of the events that transpired during this "stand-off" which I had not seen before. This documentary follows the BATF and FBI assault on the Branch Dividian "compound" back in 1993. It contains footage from the congressional hearings and from video taken by the Davidians themselves. Most interesting (and damning to the government) is footage taken by a forward looking infrared (FLIR) camera from a plane overhead. (Ken, if you haven't seen this footage, check this movie out.) This video footage clearly shows evidence of gunfire which contradicts direct testimony from many of the agents and administration officials given during the hearings. Its really a disgusting display of the unrelenting power of the government.

Beware: there are some very horrific shots of the carnage and corpses.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Ken Valentine   06-11-2005, 03:50 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I just watched this documentary and must say that I was shocked at some of the events that transpired during this "stand-off" which I had not seen before. This documentary follows the BATF and FBI assault on the Branch Dividian "compound" back in 1993. It contains footage from the congressional hearings and from video taken by the Davidians themselves. Most interesting (and damning to the government) is footage taken by a forward looking infrared (FLIR) camera from a plane overhead. (Ken, if you haven't seen this footage, check this movie out.) This video footage clearly shows evidence of gunfire which contradicts direct testimony from many of the agents and administration officials given during the hearings. Its really a disgusting display of the unrelenting power of the government.

Jim, I have all three of Michael McNulty's videos:

1. Waco: The Rules of Engagement.

2. Waco: A New Revelation

3. The FLIR Project.

I've had them for years.

If you've only seen "Rules," you ain't seen nothin'! "New Revelation" is the REAL eye-opener, and FLIR shows how the gummymint lied and tried to cover up the evidence.

(Any doubt now about why I refer to FedGoons as PIGS?! And the Feebs as Federal Baby Incinerators?! I treat them the same way they treat me -- guilty until proven innocent!)

Ken V.

P.S. The carnage and corpses in "Rules" is nothing compared to "Revelation."
This post was last modified: 06-11-2005, 03:53 AM by Ken Valentine.
Biggles   06-11-2005, 10:16 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:I just watched this documentary and must say that I was shocked at some of the events that transpired during this "stand-off" which I had not seen before. This documentary follows the BATF and FBI assault on the Branch Dividian "compound" back in 1993. It contains footage from the congressional hearings and from video taken by the Davidians themselves. Most interesting (and damning to the government) is footage taken by a forward looking infrared (FLIR) camera from a plane overhead. (Ken, if you haven't seen this footage, check this movie out.) This video footage clearly shows evidence of gunfire which contradicts direct testimony from many of the agents and administration officials given during the hearings. Its really a disgusting display of the unrelenting power of the government.

Welcome aboard, Jim. Waco was just the grossest example of the abuses of the Department of Justice under Janet Reno. The deeper you delve, the more abuse you'll find.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
jimbow8   06-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:2. Waco: A New Revelation

3. The FLIR Project.
Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't have either of these titles. Not sure I could take any more for a while anyway.
This post was last modified: 06-11-2005, 12:24 PM by jimbow8.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Ken Valentine   06-12-2005, 01:08 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't have either of these titles. Not sure I could take any more for a while anyway.

I don't subscribe to Netflix, so I don't know what they have. The second one; Waco, A New Revelation is pretty grisly as it discusses -- and shows -- some of the coroners investigations into the deaths of some of the victims at Waco, but "The FLIR Project" just analyses the FLIR tapes from Waco, and exposes the way the Feebs and the government manipulated things in order to cover it up.

Ken V.
Mick C.   06-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Well, the makers of the first "documentary" knowingly edited footage to create a false impression in the viewers. There is some aerial footage where a plume of flame appears to shoot up under a tank. As "60 Minutes" showed on the unedited footage, the "plume of flame" is very obviously a reflecting piece of metal catching the sun as it flips over. It is obvious to anyone who sees the entire film footage. The editor of the film stopped the footage at the EXACT moment the light flashes, to create the impression the tank was spraying fire. That was done knowingly by the filmmakers, it wasn't a fluke or a mistake.

If the filmmakers lie to me once in a documentary, I'm unlikely to believe their other arguments. You can make your case without lying through the use of creative editing. It's the same problem I have with Michael Moore.

"Flow with the Go."

- Rickson Gracie