RepairmanJack.com Forums
Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! (/thread-694.html)

Pages: 1 2

Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! - Kenji - 02-10-2005

At last, Ju-on; The Grudge, we(Japanese) can see it from tomorrow in Japan. For the movie's publicity, Sarah Michelle Gellar visited to Japan. Next film is preview event in Tokyo.

Sarah in Tokyo

In my schedule, I'll go to see it next Thursday. So after I saw it, I'll post my opinion.

Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! - Sam - 02-10-2005

The Grudge was directed by the same guy who directed Ju-On. From what I can recall of Ju-On, The Grudge was done pretty much the same way except for a few changes and new scenes. As for scare factor I thought The Grudge was better. The shifts in time and events were the same in both films, causing confusion. Pretty much the same movie.

Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! - Sam - 02-16-2005

SAW SPOILERS...

Watched Saw tonight...would have been better if you had more clues as to the killer. How can you call it a whodunnit film if you don't give the viewers the clues they need?? The orderly was too obvious to be the killer and if you watched closely you saw(no pun intended) the penlight in Jigsaw's hand when he was in the hospital bed. Still, I had no other choice but to believe it was the orderly. The plot was too intricate to be real but it was fun. The last 15 minutes of the film was great though. Cary Elwes has always been one of my fav actors. Glad to see him getting some work.

Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! - fpw - 02-17-2005

Watched Saw last night. Obviously influenced by Seven and likely inspired by that climber who amputated his own arm in 2003. Sure it's got Hummer-size plot holes and requires major suspension of disbelief, but I don't think I could have come up with that scenario. In fact I'm pretty damn sure I couldn't. And that's what makes me admire certain films / stories. I find it more interesting when I can think, I never would have thought of that.

Flawed, yes, but pretty damn diabolical.

Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! - Marc - 02-17-2005

fpw Wrote:Watched Saw last night.

I assume you got this through Netflix? I have it in queue for months but currently it's listed as Very Long Wait.

Sadly my film-watching experience last night wasn't as enjoyable. I'd been wanting to see Watcher in the Woods for years since I remember it being really scary as a kid. Almost twenty years later it ain't such a good movie. It isn't scary, the acting is pretty bad (the main actress is constantly grinning which makes her look like a horse on speed) and it has a plot thinner than tissue paper.

Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! - fpw - 02-17-2005

Marc B. Wrote:I assume you got this through Netflix? I have it in queue for months but currently it's listed as Very Long Wait.

No, I picked it up at Blockbuster because it had been recced by a number of people.

Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! - Tony H - 02-17-2005

fpw Wrote:No, I picked it up at Blockbuster because it had been recced by a number of people.

I watched this last night as well. It held my attention and even creeped me out at some parts. That doll thing will be etched in my mind for a while. I am not going into any spoilers but the ending was a downer after a decent setup. Still, a great first effort from the filmmakers who look like college kids. Overally, not bad, but slightly disappointing.

Tony

Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! - Kenji - 02-17-2005

Last night I went to see The Grudge.

Pretty good to me. I thought it was close to original. But original was scarier than remake.

Well, anyway, Sarah Michelle Geller, she live in Japanese small town, and she speaking Japanese, that was interesting. It has worth to watch it. From other point of view, Vampire slayer frightened by Japanese ghost. That was a little funny. Big Grin

Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! - cyber-jack - 02-18-2005

I sat through this waste of a film last night (SAW, not GRUDGE), and was very happy that the movie was only 90 minutes or so long.

Twisted...sure, Diabolical...yes, Entertaining...sadly no.

I also watched Open Water last night, and though the two films are both purely situational (Two people chained to a wall in a filthy basement and Two people left alone in shark infested waters), Open Water at least had some tension to it. Saw was just, I don't know, all too convenient for me. To be honest, it was just plain boring.

Now, maybe I missed something towards the end, but how did the orderly know where the two guys were being held and why did he go there? Was it on his little tape recorder? Was he going to retrieve the antedote to his poison even though he failed to kill the woman and daughter?

Saw II - I know it's coming, but I for one, will not be wasting any of my time on it.

Saw & Grudge Spoilers!!!!!!!!! - nonsun blob a - 02-19-2005

cyber-jack Wrote:I sat through this waste of a film last night (SAW, not GRUDGE), and was very happy that the movie was only 90 minutes or so long.

Twisted...sure, Diabolical...yes, Entertaining...sadly no.

I also watched Open Water last night, and though the two films are both purely situational (Two people chained to a wall in a filthy basement and Two people left alone in shark infested waters), Open Water at least had some tension to it. Saw was just, I don't know, all too convenient for me. To be honest, it was just plain boring.

Now, maybe I missed something towards the end, but how did the orderly know where the two guys were being held and why did he go there? Was it on his little tape recorder? Was he going to retrieve the antedote to his poison even though he failed to kill the woman and daughter?

Saw II - I know it's coming, but I for one, will not be wasting any of my time on it.

Saw was ridiculous. I have never seen a concept ruined so horribly in my life.

aaaaaaaaas
youuuuuu
wiiiiiiish