RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Illusionist - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Illusionist (/thread-1876.html)

Pages: 1 2

The Illusionist - ccosborne3 - 09-10-2006

Anybody see this one yet? Looks like it could be really good or really boring.

The Illusionist - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 09-10-2006

ccosborne3 Wrote:Anybody see this one yet? Looks like it could be really good or really boring.

I like Edward Norton a lot (my first choice for Jack in the movie), but I haven't heard anything good about this flick.

The Illusionist - XamberB - 09-11-2006

I thought it was OK, but just. The beginning kinda telegraphed the suprise ending if you know what I mean. I did like the photography and clothing. Interesting story line.

The Illusionist - Kenji - 09-11-2006

ccosborne3 Wrote:Anybody see this one yet? Looks like it could be really good or really boring.

I haven't seen it yet, but I saw trailer. Looks good to me. I LOVE illusion!Big Grin

Speaking of illusionist, David Copperfield is the best illusionist. This December, I have a plan to go to see his show.

The Illusionist - jimbow8 - 09-11-2006

XamberB Wrote:I thought it was OK, but just. The beginning kinda telegraphed the suprise ending if you know what I mean. I did like the photography and clothing. Interesting story line.
I saw it on Friday. Unfortunately I had mistaken it for The Prestige. Ooops! But it isn't a bad movie. As XamberB says, it is kinda telegraphed, but it is still interesting and well done.

The Illusionist - Maggers - 09-12-2006

"The Illusionist" is an imperfect film but worth watching, though you may want to wait for the DVD. Edward Norton was excellent, but as has been said by others, you could see the end coming nearly from the beginning. It is a visually lovely film, though.

The Illusionist - jimbow8 - 09-12-2006

Maggers Wrote:"The Illusionist" is an imperfect film but worth watching, though you may want to wait for the DVD. Edward Norton was excellent, but as has been said by others, you could see the end coming nearly from the beginning. It is a visually lovely film, though.
Though I couldn't place it, I felt like I had seen this plot many times before.

The Illusionist - ccosborne3 - 09-13-2006

jimbow8 Wrote:I saw it on Friday. Unfortunately I had mistaken it for The Prestige. Ooops! But it isn't a bad movie. As XamberB says, it is kinda telegraphed, but it is still interesting and well done.

Ha! Me too. I saw it yesterday and kept saying to myself "Where's the other Magician, I thought there was going to be some kind of magician fight". The trailer for the Prestige is up on Yahoo. It looks awesome!

[SIZE="6"]SPOILERS BELOW[/SIZE]

The Prince didn't actually do anything to warrant his death until after Eisenstein had already began plotting against him. Was that Jude Law as the Prince? If so, he was excellent. That kind of villianous role is difficult to pull off without going over the top. Bravo.

The Illusionist - ccosborne3 - 09-13-2006

It kind of reminded me of The Count Of Monte Christo ( the Guy Pearce version that came out a few years ago). Not as much punch though.

The Illusionist - jimbow8 - 09-13-2006

ccosborne3 Wrote:Ha! Me too. I saw it yesterday and kept saying to myself "Where's the other Magician, I thought there was going to be some kind of magician fight". The trailer for the Prestige is up on Yahoo. It looks awesome!
Yes it does! I did something similar .... I was like "Isn't Hugh Jackman in this movie? And Michael Caine? ... Wait a minute, I didn't think Edward Norton was in it. Ahh, well, I like Norton, I'll give it a shot."
Quote:[SIZE="6"]SPOILERS BELOW[/SIZE]

The Prince didn't actually do anything to warrant his death until after Eisenstein had already began plotting against him. Was that Jude Law as the Prince? If so, he was excellent. That kind of villianous role is difficult to pull off without going over the top. Bravo.
No, that was Rufus Sewell, who was in Dark City and A Knight's Tale.

Are you asking IF he did anything to deserve it? Other than being a jackass, I don't think so.... don't know. Though there was mention that he beat (killed?) a former wife. But that didn't happen in this movie, so it's "hearsay" of a sort. That's a good question. Unfortunately the movie wasn't good enough to warrant seeing it again to find out.

ccosborne3 Wrote:It kind of reminded me of The Count Of Monte Christo ( the Guy Pearce version that came out a few years ago). Not as much punch though.
Yeah, kinda.