RepairmanJack.com Forums
Rare Nightworld ARC on ebay - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Rare Nightworld ARC on ebay (/thread-188.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Rare Nightworld ARC on ebay - fpw - 06-28-2004

Biggles Wrote:I have intended since the outset to "win this one for the Effer", and I'm going to send it to him

I'm touched, shocked, awed, verklempt...

Rare Nightworld ARC on ebay - Biggles - 06-28-2004

fpw Wrote:I'm touched, shocked, awed, verklempt...

"verklempt"? Is that a contraction for Werner Klemperer? As far as the "shock and awe" is concerned, isn't that what we did to the Iraqis? Smile

Rare Nightworld ARC on ebay - fpw - 06-29-2004

Biggles Wrote:As far as the "shock and awe" is concerned, isn't that what we did to the Iraqis? Smile

Obviously not. Hard to commit shock and awe after 3 months of warnings.

Rare Nightworld ARC on ebay - Biggles - 06-29-2004

fpw Wrote:Obviously not. Hard to commit shock and awe after 3 months of warnings.

That is true.

Rare Nightworld ARC on ebay - Richard Kendrick - 06-29-2004

Biggles Wrote:Well, I should be pissed at you, since you cost me an extra $14, but it's the thought that counts. I put a limit of $103.57 on my bid, so I wasn't too worried about losing with less than a couple hours left. If it makes you feel better, I have intended since the outset to "win this one for the Effer", and I'm going to send it to him (probably with some books I want him to sign for me), for his own bookshelf. I thought it was outrageous for Paul not to have one of his own ARCs.

I guess great minds think alike.

Biggles

Well cool, I'm glad you aren't too pissed. Smile I should have checked to see if I was bidding against somebody from the board. I would have never made it to $103.57 My max was going to be $80. Either way, I'm glad FPW will finally have a copy of that thing. I still feel bad that it cost you extra. I'll buy you dinner if we ever both make it to one of the GUs.

RIK

Richard Kendrick Wrote:Well cool, I'm glad you aren't too pissed. Smile I should have checked to see if I was bidding against somebody from the board. I would have never made it to $103.57 My max was going to be $80. Either way, I'm glad FPW will finally have a copy of that thing. I still feel bad that it cost you extra. I'll buy you dinner if we ever both make it to one of the GUs.

RIK

A Black and Tan would be entirely sufficient. Smile

Biggles Wrote:A Black and Tan would be entirely sufficient. Smile

Good enough.

RIK

Rare Nightworld ARC on ebay - SteveBlack - 06-29-2004

No to upset anyone but the ARCs originally had a BUY IT NOW price of $49!! :eek:
Steve

SteveBlack Wrote:No to upset anyone but the ARCs originally had a BUY IT NOW price of $49!! :eek:
Steve

Well gee Steve, that makes me feel a LOT better!

SteveBlack Wrote:No to upset anyone but the ARCs originally had a BUY IT NOW price of $49!! :eek:
Steve

I never saw that. Someone must have bid past the reserve price. That sucks.

RIK