RepairmanJack.com Forums
A Day in the Life - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: A Day in the Life (/thread-864.html)

Pages: 1 2

A Day in the Life - Biggles - 04-08-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:MOST of King's movie adaptations are not very good (until recently), so be careful or you might get what you wish for. :p

That's even more true of Koontz'. How many times did Hollywood screw up Watchers? At least 2.

A Day in the Life - maxplay - 04-08-2005

Man, I'm really enjoying The Barrens and Others (which I probably should have titled this thread instead of A Day in the Life). I finished the Monroe Triptych today and Faces just blew me away! This story would work whether or not the reader was aware of the Adversary Cycle. I'm going to have to scare myself up a copy of Soft and Others now...

A Day in the Life - t4terrific - 07-18-2005

maxplay Wrote:Read A Day in the Life during my breaks and lunch at work today. Really, really enjoyed it. It was like a one hour episode of a Repairman Jack TV series! Also enjoyed The Barrens yesterday (had to finish it after work, the story was a little longer). Now I guess I'll go back to the beginning and start on The Monroe Triptych... Big Grin

It's my favorite RJ installment. Jack just seems so raw, down and dirty to me in this one. For me it's like comparing Martin Riggs in Lethal Weapon to Martin Riggs in Lethal Weapon IV.

Mick C. Wrote:I love the Repairman Jack short stories. I just read "The Long Way Home" a little while ago, I wish there were enough to anthologize...

Where can I find a copy of "The Long Way Home"? Is in included in any books?

A Day in the Life - fpw - 07-18-2005

t4terrific Wrote:Where can I find a copy of "The Long Way Home"? Is in included in any books?

It should be available soon as a download. Can't say any more than that at this time.

A Day in the Life - Maggers - 07-18-2005

t4terrific Wrote:Where can I find a copy of "The Long Way Home"? Is in included in any books?

I have it in a hard cover anthology (copied from "collectors corner" thread):

Anthologies:
Dark at Heart (includes "The Long Way Home" by FPW)
Little Beige Book (wonderful collection of FPW's shorts)

Here are some paperback anthologies with more of FPW's short stories:
Anthologies:
Diagnosis Terminal (edited by FPW, includes "Offshore" by FPW)
Darker Masques (includes "Please Don't Hurt Me" by FPW)
The Black Spiral (includes "Cuts" by FPW)
Night Screams (includes "The Wringer" by FPW)
Freak Show (edited by FPW and includes "Winter Quarters" and "The Pine Barrens" by FPW)

Maggers Wrote:I have it in a hard cover anthology (copied from "collectors corner" thread):

Anthologies:
Dark at Heart (includes "The Long Way Home" by FPW)
Little Beige Book (wonderful collection of FPW's shorts)

Here are some paperback anthologies with more of FPW's short stories:
Anthologies:
Diagnosis Terminal (edited by FPW, includes "Offshore" by FPW)
Darker Masques (includes "Please Don't Hurt Me" by FPW)
The Black Spiral (includes "Cuts" by FPW)
Night Screams (includes "The Wringer" by FPW)
Freak Show (edited by FPW and includes "Winter Quarters" and "The Pine Barrens" by FPW)

That's good information. Thanks alot. That'll add to my list "books needed". I ordered the Little Beige Book from Shocklines a while back but it hasn't arrived yet. Guess I shouldn't have gone with the free Media shipping option.

A Day in the Life - Anders Monsen - 07-18-2005

Must. Find. "The Wringer."

Seems to be the only RJ story I have not read.

A Day in the Life - Maggers - 07-18-2005

Anders Monsen Wrote:Must. Find. "The Wringer."

Seems to be the only RJ story I have not read.

"The Wringer" is in "Night Screams," which I found without difficulty on amazon.com.

A Day in the Life - Anders Monsen - 07-18-2005

Maggers Wrote:"The Wringer" is in "Night Screams," which I found without difficulty on amazon.com.

Thanks, Maggers! I will add this to my list for the next Amazon splurge, even though I'm on the verge of shelling out $150 for Night Shade's subscription of five volumes of Clark Ashton Smith. Hey, does the ADA cover book addiction?