RepairmanJack.com Forums
Hannibal Rising - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Hannibal Rising (/thread-2023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Hannibal Rising - XamberB - 11-13-2006

Ken Valentine Wrote:He's a movie director.

He's the one who directed the movie version of THE KEEP . . . which it seems, he has since disowned. He also directed THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS, which is a favorite of a number of us on this board.

Those are the only two movies of his that I've seen . . . that I know of.

Ken V.

I've only seen The Keep and Manhunter. I didn't like either movie while I consider the books they were based on outstanding. I'll have to see Last of the Mohicans, which is based on another book I like. Daniel-Day Lewis is one of my favorite young (to me) actors.

Hannibal Rising - Kenji - 11-13-2006

XamberB Wrote:I've only seen The Keep and Manhunter. I didn't like either movie while I consider the books they were based on outstanding. I'll have to see Last of the Mohicans, which is based on another book I like. Daniel-Day Lewis is one of my favorite young (to me) actors.

I like "Last of the Mohicans",too. I also liked "Collateral", "The Insider", "Heat". But "The Keep" and "Manhunter" were not good.

Well, let's go back to "Hannibal Rising". I checked about "Hannibal Rising" in imdb, but I don't know all actors and actress! I know only Gong Li. She's Chinese actress.
I guess it'll be big success or be big failure.

Hannibal Rising - ccosborne3 - 11-15-2006

Kenji Wrote:I like "Last of the Mohicans",too. I also liked "Collateral", "The Insider", "Heat". But "The Keep" and "Manhunter" were not good.

Well, let's go back to "Hannibal Rising". I checked about "Hannibal Rising" in imdb, but I don't know all actors and actress! I know only Gong Li. She's Chinese actress.
I guess it'll be big success or be big failure.

[SIZE="6"]Hannibal spoiler below[/SIZE]

Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris is going to be released in early December. I couldn't care less about the movie version after Hannibal the movie was butchered. The ending of that book was as ballsy as they come but some suit didn't have the cojones to have Clarice go cannibal.

Five years later I'm still pissed off.

Hannibal Rising - Noelie - 11-15-2006

ccosborne3 Wrote:Five years later I'm still pissed off.

LOL, me too! Big Grin

Hannibal Rising - XamberB - 11-16-2006

Noelie Wrote:LOL, me too! Big Grin

Me too!

Hannibal Rising - Kenji - 11-16-2006

ccosborne3 Wrote:[SIZE="6"]Hannibal spoiler below[/SIZE]

Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris is going to be released in early December. I couldn't care less about the movie version after Hannibal the movie was butchered. The ending of that book was as ballsy as they come but some suit didn't have the cojones to have Clarice go cannibal.

Five years later I'm still pissed off.

What are "ballsy" and "cojones"? :confused:

Hannibal Rising - Scott Miller - 11-16-2006

Kenji Wrote:What are "ballsy" and "cojones"? :confused:

Ballsy means showing courage or have the guts to do something. Cajones is the Spanish word for balls. So when you hear things like "he has brass balls" or "that took a lot of balls" it means that someone demonstrated courage or foolhardiness.

Hannibal Rising - Lisa - 11-16-2006

Balls = testicles :o

Hannibal Rising - Scott Miller - 11-16-2006

Lisa Wrote:Balls = testicles :o

Good example right here, Kenji. Lisa had the cajones to type testicles in public.

Hannibal Rising - cobalt - 11-16-2006

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked "The Keep" movie as well as "Manhunter". So the man can make some, and flub some....no-one is perfect.
I'll try and read the new Hannibal book, and yes I'm still mad at what was done to Clarice.