RepairmanJack.com Forums
Top 10 movies in 2005 - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Top 10 movies in 2005 (/thread-1412.html)

Pages: 1 2

Top 10 movies in 2005 - Kenji - 12-30-2005

peachynat Wrote:One of my favorite movies this year was "Mr. and Mrs. Smith".... I so totally love that movie!!! I saw it twice in the theater Big Grin Also I was lucky enough to get it on DVD for Christmas!! Big Grin

"Mr. and Mrs. Smith" was funny, but I can't put it in my Top 10. Maybe...it'll be in Top 30. Big Grin

Top 10 movies in 2005 - Kenji - 12-30-2005

hford713 Wrote:And you can lump Butterfly Effect and Eternal Sunshine into 2004 as well...(unless things are really "slow" in Japan.) :-)

For me, this past has been the worst year yet for films... Batman Begins, War of the Worlds, Syriana and Cinderella Man get my votes as the highlights, though (I'm one of those who really couldn't stand Star Wars, and I walked out of both Hitchikers and Mr. and Mrs. Smith.) :-(

As you said, things are really "slow" in Japan. :p So we can see "Syriana" next year. Yesterday I saw trailer. Lookin' good.

Top 10 movies in 2005 - Marc - 01-02-2006

I really don't have a top ten as I didn't find that many films in 2005 memorable. My few picks in a Top Ten list though would be:

Serenity
King Kong
Crash
Capote
Batman Begins
40 Year Old Virgin
Sin City

Top 10 movies in 2005 - Anders Monsen - 01-03-2006

I haven't seen that many movies this year, but based on what I remember.

5. The Island
4. Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith
3. Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
2. King Kong
1. Serenity

Worst movies I saw (8 because 2005 sucked):
5. Kingdom of Heaven / Sin City (latter looked good, conveyed nothing)
4. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (amusing but pointless)
3. Mr. and Mrs. Smith / Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
2. Madagascar / Robots (yuk. Give me Pixar any day)
1. War of the Worlds (huh?)

Movies I wish I had seen in 2005:
a. 2046
b. Narnia
c. Harry Potter IV
d. A History of Violence
e. Syriana

Top 10 movies in 2005 - Kenji - 01-03-2006

Anders Monsen Wrote:Movies I wish I had seen in 2005:
a. 2046
b. Narnia
c. Harry Potter IV
d. A History of Violence
e. Syriana

Speaking of 2046, in Japan, everybody said it was one of worst movies in 2004. I agree. Actually I rented video and saw it, but I quit it in first 30-40 min. Visual effect was not bad, but story was completely pointless.

Top 10 movies in 2005 - Anders Monsen - 01-03-2006

Kenji Wrote:Speaking of 2046, in Japan, everybody said it was one of worst movies in 2004. I agree. Actually I rented video and saw it, but I quit it in first 30-40 min. Visual effect was not bad, but story was completely pointless.

Then I'll skip it, despite the allure of Ziyi Zhang, Maggie Cheung, and Faye Wong.

Have you seen Tsui Hark's "Seven Swords" or Chen Kaige's "The Promise"? I realine both are Chinese, but perhaps they are shown sooner in Japan as well.

Top 10 movies in 2005 - Kenji - 01-03-2006

Anders Monsen Wrote:Then I'll skip it, despite the allure of Ziyi Zhang, Maggie Cheung, and Faye Wong.

Have you seen Tsui Hark's "Seven Swords" or Chen Kaige's "The Promise"? I realine both are Chinese, but perhaps they are shown sooner in Japan as well.

"Seven Swords" was already released in Japanese theaters. I passed up it. Sad I'll rent DVD or video. Speaking of "The Promise", I can see it in Feb 11. Maybe I'll see it in a theater.

Well, I like seeing movies in a theater. But I can't see all of in a theater released movies. Wink

Top 10 movies in 2005 - Annice Burdeos - 01-04-2006

In no particular order or significance

just films that I liked

Cinderella Man

Brokeback Mountain

Walk the Line

Batman Begins

Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith

Honorable Mention

Syriana

Top 10 movies in 2005 - neotank - 01-08-2006

Sin City
War of the Worlds.
Potter.
Star wars.
That movie with that guy where he shoots people and they die and stuff.