RepairmanJack.com Forums
Brokeback Mountain - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Brokeback Mountain (/thread-1372.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Brokeback Mountain - Marc - 01-16-2006

AsMoral Wrote:Jim... did you really need to say that in the gay thread?

It could have been worse. He could have mistyped it and said, "Lick my ass!" Big Grin

Brokeback Mountain - jimbow8 - 01-16-2006

AsMoral Wrote:Jim... did you really need to say that in the gay thread?
To t4? Yes.

He obviously has issues ..... or tendencies.

Brokeback Mountain - Tony H - 01-16-2006

Marc B. Wrote:It could have been worse. He could have mistyped it and said, "Lick my ass!" Big Grin

Yes, the worst typo I ever made, and it comes back to haunt me. It was WAY worse than my idiot moment with Indan A. Law.

AsMoral Wrote:Yes, the worst typo I ever made, and it comes back to haunt me. It was WAY worse than my idiot moment with Indan A. Law.
I think I had the video of that. Funny stuff. I'll have to try to find it. Big Grin

Brokeback Mountain - Maggers - 01-16-2006

AsMoral Wrote:Yes, the worst typo I ever made, and it comes back to haunt me. It was WAY worse than my idiot moment with Indan A. Law.

ROFL! The worst typo I made was decades ago, when I worked on actual typewriters in a public relations office of a multinational firm. The job required typing lots of similar letters with a signature that included "public relations." After the seventh letter, it turned into "pubic relations" and I didn't catch it.

Maggers Wrote:ROFL! The worst typo I made was decades ago, when I worked on actual typewriters in a public relations office of a multinational firm. The job required typing lots of similar letters with a signature that included "public relations." After the seventh letter, it turned into "pubic relations" and I didn't catch it.
Thank goodness for word processors and computers now, eh? Big Grin

Brokeback Mountain - Maggers - 01-16-2006

jimbow8 Wrote:I think I had the video of that. Funny stuff. I'll have to try to find it. Big Grin

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1535

Here it is! Indian A Law at GU 4 plus FPW speaking the King's English.

My lord you guys were smashed! ROFL!

Brokeback Mountain - KRW - 01-16-2006

All kidding aside, (for the moment) I understand this is basicaly a love story, but I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet. How do people feel about the adultry aspect of this film? That shouldn't be overlooked when summing up the movie. Two people can commit adultery against their partners and children by blindly chasing their own selfish feelings and desires without a thought to the consequences of their behavior.
Was this glorified and presented as something holy and righteous for the sake of love?

KRW

KRW Wrote:All kidding aside, (for the moment) I understand this is basicaly a love story, but I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet. How do people feel about the adultry aspect of this film? That shouldn't be overlooked when summing up the movie. Two people can commit adultery against their partners and children by blindly chasing their own selfish feelings and desires without a thought to the consequences of their behavior.
Was this glorified and presented as something holy and righteous for the sake of love?

KRW
Don't you know, adultery is perfectly acceptable amongst our culture nowadays? Just ask any politician. I understand your point. That is one of the reasons I reject the biblical argument against homosexuality, because other infractions against the "sanctity of marriage" (and other laws) are completely ignored. It's hypocritical.

On those lines, though, where is the public (and religious) outrage against movies containing blatant adultery? That is a LOT more commonplace.

Brokeback Mountain - fpw - 01-16-2006

Maggers Wrote:My lord you guys were smashed!

I resemble that remark!