RepairmanJack.com Forums
Repairman Jack Wallpaper? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Repairman Jack Wallpaper? (/thread-178.html)

Pages: 1 2

Repairman Jack Wallpaper? - Animagess - 06-16-2004

I was doodling around on the ol' comp and came up with this; a highly stylized comic-bookish Jack standing against a darkening New York (if you check out the original photo that I stole, you can see where I went over it with a black airbrush to make it look like the darkness was seeping out between the buildings). Check out the bars of shadow across the Statue of Liberty; I wanted it to be kind of like the hand of evil creeping across the city.

Then I added in all the text and copyright junk. Oh, and the weird looking moon is mine too.

Techincally the background photo is copyrighted and "not for commerical use", but it's probably okay for you guys to look at it.

[Image: repairman_jack.jpg]

Here's the source photo:

[Image: new-york-03.jpg]

Oh yeah, it's not really the right size for wallpaper, but I still think it looks pretty good.

Repairman Jack Wallpaper? - Marc - 06-16-2004

That is so cool! Nice job!

Repairman Jack Wallpaper? - fpw - 06-16-2004

I just got myself some new wallpaper. Thanks, Animagess.

Repairman Jack Wallpaper? - nonsun blob a - 06-16-2004

that's awesome, although i'll be sad to part with my current evangelion wall paper. oh well. awesome job!

Repairman Jack Wallpaper? - Marc - 06-17-2004

nonsun blob a Wrote:that's awesome, although i'll be sad to part with my current evangelion wall paper. oh well. awesome job!

Which Evangelion picture do you use? I had (until this Repairman Jack picture was posted) the fan made poster of The Reprise of Evangelion.

Repairman Jack Wallpaper? - nonsun blob a - 06-17-2004

Marc B. Wrote:Which Evangelion picture do you use? I had (until this Repairman Jack picture was posted) the fan made poster of The Reprise of Evangelion.

it's this really great red-tone collage frmo animewallpapers.com, I believe. It has a sickly looking rei's face, over which is transposted lilyth, the sephiric sephiroticum and misato's shadow hand from the opening credits. It's really quite amazing, I can send it to you.

Repairman Jack Wallpaper? - Mike Hanson - 06-17-2004

Is that The Chrysler Building in the rear left of the wallpaper?

If so, excellent choice!

I've loved its use in such movies as "Doc Savage: Man of Bronze" and "Bonfire of the Vanities."

Mike Cool

Repairman Jack Wallpaper? - Marc - 06-17-2004

nonsun blob a Wrote:it's this really great red-tone collage frmo animewallpapers.com, I believe. It has a sickly looking rei's face, over which is transposted lilyth, the sephiric sephiroticum and misato's shadow hand from the opening credits. It's really quite amazing, I can send it to you.

I know which one you're talking about. I have it too. Have you seen the fan Reprisal poster?

Repairman Jack Wallpaper? - jimbow8 - 06-18-2004

Marc B. Wrote:I know which one you're talking about. I have it too. Have you seen the fan Reprisal poster?
fpw's Reprisal?? Post it.

Repairman Jack Wallpaper? - Marc - 06-18-2004

jimbow8 Wrote:fpw's Reprisal?? Post it.

No. It's a fan poster for an Anime called Evangelion. After the final installment someone created a fake poster that threw a lot of people off making them think a new movie was in the works. It was just a damn good poster.