RepairmanJack.com Forums
Quisp sighting! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Quisp sighting! (/thread-91.html)

Quisp sighting! - Mike Hanson - 05-10-2004

Hey Paul,

Did you watch last night's 8pm episode of The Simpsons?

During Homer and Marge's first-kiss, as 10-yr-olds,
Homer's kiss-induced hallucination included a hilarious
sequence where he finds himself sitting in a cereal
bowl with Quisp, then he picks up Quisp and eats
him whole! Very hilarious.

This was following closely by Homer riding around in
the huge and "full" Koolaid mascot, then drinking him
empty, thus killing him and making him collapse.

Mike out... Cool

Quisp sighting! - jimbow8 - 05-10-2004

I remember Quisp the cereal, but I don't think I ever actually tried it. *sigh* My favorite novelty cereal of that era is still Fruit Brute. Remember that one? And Fruit Brute has appeared in Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs!

Quisp sighting! - fpw - 05-10-2004

jimbow8 Wrote:I remember Quisp the cereal, but I don't think I ever actually tried it. *sigh*

Buck up. It's available online at Netgrocer.com and other outlets.

Quisp sighting! - SDSwami - 05-10-2004

fpw Wrote:Buck up. It's available online at Netgrocer.com and other outlets.

I've seen it for sale in stores around here, but not sure if about recently. I actually remember a radio station a few years back doing a big special on Quisp at one of the stores because it was available again. I can honestly say I LOVED this stuff when I was a kid.

Quisp sighting! - DaveStrorm - 05-10-2004

Ya gotta love the Quisp! You can also go to www.quisp.com where you can buy the cereal, t-shirts and a Quisp watch.

Since I found it on the web a few years back, I've never been without some on my shelf. Just looking at the box makes me feel like a kid again. Big Grin

Quisp sighting! - Lisa - 05-10-2004

They have this cereal at my grocery store, and I live in the boonies. Is it rare or something?

Lisa

Quisp sighting! - fpw - 05-10-2004

Lisa Wrote:They have this cereal at my grocery store, and I live in the boonies. Is it rare or something?

Yes, if you don't live in a region where it's available. Apparently you do. Lucky Lisa.

Quisp sighting! - BK Akitas - 05-20-2004

What is it with Quisp? This stuff is rarer than truffles. And it appeals almost solely to Men.
Let's explore this a second- I remember years ago while my ex and I were setting up a satelite office in the Carolinas and had to live out of a Marriott Residence Inn for a month. Full kitchen, so we went to a grocery store after unpacking. Lo and behold, right there next to the rice krispies and fruit loops, was the holy grail of all cereal finds, QUISP.

He bought the entire shelf.

I'm not kidding. He put four in the cart, then had them box up every single carton of Quisp in the store and ship it home.

AHHA! thought I. Gastronomic Kryptonite! I now know his secret weakness!

But the revelations were not to end. When we arrived back at the home office and he told the tale of the Trophy bag he took on grocery safari, a very strange thing happened- all of the men, every one, began to salivate like a pack of Pavlov's dogs. Their eyes rolled back in their heads like marbles and their faces took on an almost beautific look.

He made several boxes sales quota prizes.

Cereal.

This begs for a short story about how Quisp manages a cult-like following of devoted fans.....is Quisp planning to take over the world?

Quisp sighting! - SDSwami - 05-20-2004

BK Akitas Wrote:This begs for a short story about how Quisp manages a cult-like following of devoted fans.....is Quisp planning to take over the world?

...And Quisp shall be our leader Smile

Luckily for all you women out there, Quisp is single (well, sorta. He does say he has a GF).

Here's his stats from the web-site if you haven't seen them:

Height: 3’11’’

Weight: 43 lbs. on Earth, 3 lbs. on Planet Q, 76 tons on Alpha Centauri

Marital Status: Single. "I'm only 578 years old, which is still 422 years underage by Q-tian law, but I do have a girlfriend, Sandy Rosenbaum."

Favorite Food: "You have to ask?"

Favorite Beverage: Triple Espresso with 8 sugars

Transportation: ‘93 Space Lark 3000 Beanie with only 750 billion light years

Hobbies: Hitting baseballs into black holes, tanning in the rays of a supernova, and eating Quisp Cereal "til my propeller practically flies off."

What else?....

Latest Project: Bringing 12 billion boxes of Quisp Cereal to Earth.

When I’m alone, I...: "eat Quisp through an extra mouth located under my beanie."

If I could be anyone else, I’d be...: "Kronos, Slug King of the Ganookian Revelers on planet Schlek. That guy oozes cool!"

Arch Enemy: Quake, the guy who makes that earthquake powered cereal. He drives me nuts.

The most influential person in my life was...: Quake. He always keeps me on my toes, all six of them.