RepairmanJack.com Forums
RJ in Newark airport - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: RJ in Newark airport (/thread-803.html)

RJ in Newark airport - law dawg - 03-21-2005

I have rarely seen any FPW novels in an airport, and I sometimes look when I am traveling to see what is for sale. In Newark, however, found almost all of the RJ series, even The Tomb. One was even autographed, so I of course had to buy it (along with the other RJ novels I do not have - I borrowed the series from family to read, now am buying for my own collection).

Guess it pays to be a local boy for advertising and sales. Glad to see it.

Chalk up three purchases in Newark. Maybe it'll buy FPW a beer or two......

RJ in Newark airport - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 03-21-2005

law dawg Wrote:I have rarely seen any FPW novels in an airport, and I sometimes look when I am traveling to see what is for sale. In Newark, however, found almost all of the RJ series, even The Tomb. One was even autographed, so I of course had to buy it (along with the other RJ novels I do not have - I borrowed the series from family to read, now am buying for my own collection).

Dadburnit, Law Dawg, it's clear to me a higher power is watching over you... Wink

RJ in Newark airport - fpw - 03-21-2005

Yeah, I had a big stock signing there late November. They left them on the counter and sold an amazing number of books.

RJ in Newark airport - Biggles - 03-21-2005

law dawg Wrote:I have rarely seen any FPW novels in an airport, and I sometimes look when I am traveling to see what is for sale. In Newark, however, found almost all of the RJ series, even The Tomb. One was even autographed, so I of course had to buy it (along with the other RJ novels I do not have - I borrowed the series from family to read, now am buying for my own collection).

Paul has been seen hanging out at Newark airport, surreptitiously signing books (most, but not all, his) into the wee hours. It's horrible what we've done to him. After 4 GUs, he just instinctively signs anything placed in front of him. Where will it all end? Grafitti on neighbors' garage doors?

RJ in Newark airport - law dawg - 03-23-2005

fpw Wrote:Yeah, I had a big stock signing there late November. They left them on the counter and sold an amazing number of books.
Yeah, I think the one that was signed was Conspiracies. Not my fave of the series, but a good read and now elevated in my opinion due to the autograph.

Now if I can only get All the Rage auto'd I'd be in heaven. That, of course, is my fave.

Again, it did my heart glad to see you so well represented in EWR.

RJ in Newark airport - law dawg - 03-23-2005

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Dadburnit, Law Dawg, it's clear to me a higher power is watching over you... Wink
BTW, there are still a few more autographed one's left....

....and for a modest fee I will tell you which terminal.....

....<psst, Continental main terminal>......

RJ in Newark airport - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 03-28-2005

Biggles Wrote:Paul has been seen hanging out at Newark airport, surreptitiously signing books (most, but not all, his) into the wee hours. It's horrible what we've done to him. After 4 GUs, he just instinctively signs anything placed in front of him. Where will it all end? Grafitti on neighbors' garage doors?

No one was more shocked than I than when Paul signed my Britney Spears tee. While I was wearing it!

RJ in Newark airport - Mr_Falcon - 04-01-2005

I actually discovered RJ at an airport bookstore. Las Vegas, I believe it was, had a number of RJ novels at different stores. I had finished my other book unexpectedly during the trip, and needed something for the way home. The rest is history.

RJ in Newark airport - John Carter - 04-01-2005

I should have looked at this earlier. I flew into the Newark airport from California on Wed. We left Monroe NY yesterday (Thur.) to go on tour.
We are currently in Kent, OH. If you are in Kent, we're playing at the ECC tonight (Friday), 252 N. Water St. and playing the Rathskeller on Sat.
It's hip hop, so be warned. However it's not MTV hip hop so you might enjoy it.