RepairmanJack.com Forums
Black Wind First edition? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Black Wind First edition? (/thread-774.html)

Black Wind First edition? - Keith the Elder - 03-10-2005

I have a signed edition of TOR books alleged first edition, at least that is what is says
Followed by next line 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I almost believe that, but it has one of those Plastic Library Type Dust Jackets

Any chance this is the real McCoy

k the e

Black Wind First edition? - fpw - 03-10-2005

Keith the Elder Wrote:I have a signed edition of TOR books alleged first edition...Any chance this is the real McCoy

If it's the hardcover, yep, that's a first. Only one print run of the first edition...it didn't sell too well. They did a paperbound ARC for the ABA, but ARCs aren't an "edition" because they aren't "published."

Black Wind First edition? - Maggers - 03-10-2005

Keith the Elder Wrote:I have a signed edition of TOR books alleged first edition, at least that is what is says
Followed by next line 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

I almost believe that, but it has one of those Plastic Library Type Dust Jackets

Any chance this is the real McCoy

k the e

I've got a hard cover, first edition of BLACK WIND, too! It has a dust jacket. Someone made some bizarre circle markings on a few pages in the beginning of the book. It's not signed; it's not a libary copy. The dust jacket has $18.95 as the original price. It's a TOR Book, First Edition: September, 1988 followed by 0987654321.

I got it from amazon.com used book section a few years back. Because it was so easy to obtain, I didn't think it was unusual.

Black Wind First edition? - stacyzinda123 - 03-11-2005

Speaking of Black Wind, does anybody know when the Borderlands Press edition will come out? I have a hard cover copy of the book (no dust jacket Sad ), but it's one of my favorites of all time so I'd like the new one too! I
e mailed Borderlands a couple weeks ago and asked about it, but didn't hear back. When I reserved my copy they said they were thinking April, but since there's absolutely no mention of it on their web site, I'm guessing it will be later than that.

Black Wind First edition? - fpw - 03-11-2005

stacyzinda123 Wrote:Speaking of Black Wind, does anybody know when the Borderlands Press edition will come out? I have a hard cover copy of the book (no dust jacket Sad ), but it's one of my favorites of all time so I'd like the new one too! I
e mailed Borderlands a couple weeks ago and asked about it, but didn't hear back. When I reserved my copy they said they were thinking April, but since there's absolutely no mention of it on their web site, I'm guessing it will be later than that.

See my Reborn post, Stacy. I can't see Black Wind out before 2006.

Black Wind First edition? - stacyzinda123 - 03-11-2005

fpw Wrote:See my Reborn post, Stacy. I can't see Black Wind out before 2006.

That's okay. We just bought a house and are saving really hard so we can buy furniture to fill it up and make some changes we want. I'm sure David would rather put that money towards a new tub surround or something that a goregous signed copy of one of my favorite books ever. By the time it comes out, we'll have done a lot of what we want to the house and I can increase my book fund again!

Black Wind First edition? - KRW - 03-11-2005

Maggers Wrote:I've got a hard cover, first edition of BLACK WIND, too! It has a dust jacket. Someone made some bizarre circle markings on a few pages in the beginning of the book. It's not signed; it's not a libary copy. The dust jacket has $18.95 as the original price. It's a TOR Book, First Edition: September, 1988 followed by 0987654321.

I got it from amazon.com used book section a few years back. Because it was so easy to obtain, I didn't think it was unusual.

I became curious about mine so I looked at it. And low and behold, I've got one to! Mine came from Abe.com.

KRW