RepairmanJack.com Forums
FPW, thought you might get a kick out of this - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: FPW, thought you might get a kick out of this (/thread-737.html)

Pages: 1 2

FPW, thought you might get a kick out of this - Lisa - 02-23-2005

I took the kids to the library tonight and finally got curious about the FPW books there. I can't stress enough how small this library is... our town has a population of about 1500 or so and the library is the size of a largish living room. They can't fit much (my son has a larger science book collection than they do) and in general it's pretty crappy, with a weird random selection of largely donated stuff. Maybe a total of 12 or 15 tattered Koontz+King, about half of them paperbacks.

Yet they have a collection of about 20-25 FPW books, all hardcover in the nice library binding, lined up all in published order on the shelf. They even have the more obscure stuff like Fifth Harmonic (none of the LaNague scifi, though). So tonight I asked the librarian if she was a fan and she told me that the books are very popular here and people ask for them all the time. I thought that was so cool. Big Grin Maybe liking FPW is in the gene pool around here or something (should I worry?).

Lisa

FPW, thought you might get a kick out of this - Biggles - 02-23-2005

Lisa Wrote:I took the kids to the library tonight and finally got curious about the FPW books there. I can't stress enough how small this library is... our town has a population of about 1500 or so and the library is the size of a largish living room. They can't fit much (my son has a larger science book collection than they do) and in general it's pretty crappy, with a weird random selection of largely donated stuff. Maybe a total of 12 or 15 tattered Koontz+King, about half of them paperbacks.

Yet they have a collection of about 20-25 FPW books, all hardcover in the nice library binding, lined up all in published order on the shelf. They even have the more obscure stuff like Fifth Harmonic (none of the LaNague scifi, though). So tonight I asked the librarian if she was a fan and she told me that the books are very popular here and people ask for them all the time. I thought that was so cool. Big Grin Maybe liking FPW is in the gene pool around here or something (should I worry?).

Lisa

I don't think that liking FPW in the gene pool is something to worry about. Now if everyone thinks cousin Sarah is really hot and she would look totally awesome wearing nothing but her pet snake Chauncey and her Spongebob Squarepants thong while whistling Dixie and eating White Castle burgers while covered in 10W30 motor oil and undulating to Roxy Music's "Love is the Drug"...well then I'd say everyone's perfectly normal. What? You have a problem with that?

FPW, thought you might get a kick out of this - KRW - 02-23-2005

Biggles Wrote:I don't think that liking FPW in the gene pool is something to worry about. Now if everyone thinks cousin Sarah is really hot and she would look totally awesome wearing nothing but her pet snake Chauncey and her Spongebob Squarepants thong while whistling Dixie and eating White Castle burgers while covered in 10W30 motor oil and undulating to Roxy Music's "Love is the Drug"...well then I'd say everyone's perfectly normal. What? You have a problem with that?

Hey, I know her! I took her to the prom! Big Grin

KRW

KRW Wrote:Hey, I know her! I took her to the prom! Big Grin

KRW

Now, is that YOUR cousin Sarah or MY cousin Sarah? Of course, she could have been both our cousins?!

Biggles Wrote:Now, is that YOUR cousin Sarah or MY cousin Sarah? Of course, she could have been both our cousins?!

Well, unless your cousin has rotten teeth from chewin tobacca, backhair, and twelve toes, It's mine!

KRW

KRW Wrote:Well, unless your cousin has rotten teeth from chewin tobacca, backhair, and twelve toes, It's mine!

KRW

Hmmm. She's all yours.

Biggles Wrote:Hmmm. She's all yours.

No, no. You take her. I insist! Her breath alone could could knock a thousand pound longhorn to it's knees! I'm thinken you're that your the yankee lawyer that likes to give back massages, so I'll just step aside and let you two kids work it out(the tangles)! HA HA HA, too funny!

KRW

KRW Wrote:No, no. You take her. I insist! Her breath alone could could knock a thousand pound longhorn to it's knees! I'm thinken you're that your the yankee lawyer that likes to give back massages, so I'll just step aside and let you two kids work it out(the tangles)! HA HA HA, too funny!

KRW

That's quite all right. My bride is all I need.

Biggles Wrote:That's quite all right. My bride is all I need.

Same here. We'll just have to let her pick from all the suitors that are knocking down her door! (I think the snake handler has the best chance for love, but the pig farmer is more finacially stable.) Doesn't matter now that we're off the market, I just hope she finds true love with a man that showers at least once a week. I think she deserves that.

KRW

FPW, thought you might get a kick out of this - fpw - 02-24-2005

Lisa Wrote:Yet they have a collection of Maybe liking FPW is in the gene pool around here or something (should I worry?).

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

(But that's also very cool. Could be YOUR genes polluting the pool.)