RepairmanJack.com Forums
Shaun of the Dead - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Shaun of the Dead (/thread-664.html)

Pages: 1 2

Shaun of the Dead - fpw - 01-26-2005

What fun. Reminded me of Idle Hands.

Shaun of the Dead - jimbow8 - 01-26-2005

fpw Wrote:What fun. Reminded me of Idle Hands.
Greatest zombie movie EVER! And funniest.

Shaun of the Dead - All Thumbs - 01-26-2005

for Zombie Horror films. This movie rocked. I loved the sequence where they formulate the plan to get Shaun's mom and then visualize the scenario followed by having tea.

Shaun of the Dead - Dave - 01-26-2005

All Thumbs Wrote:for Zombie Horror films. This movie rocked. I loved the sequence where they formulate the plan to get Shaun's mom and then visualize the scenario followed by having tea.

That was their one 'Spaced' moment. Both director and star (Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg) were behind the UK tv show called Spaced, during which they came up with the idea of doing Shaun (one episode aluded to zombie films).

In the film they deliberately avoided a lot of techniques they used in Spaced, but that 'planning' sequence they couldn't help themselves and call it the 'Spaced' moment in the film.

Check out Spaced if you liked Shaun. Not available in the US (music copyright issues) but available for import.

Dave

PS The Idle Hands comparison is a good one, a little gem of a movie that.

Shaun of the Dead - Marc - 01-26-2005

Dave Wrote:Check out Spaced if you liked Shaun. Not available in the US (music copyright issues) but available for import.

I concur with Dave. He turned me on to SPACED and I've loved every moment of it. It's not available on DVD in the States but from what I understand Bravo has the television rights and from time-to-time they do air the episodes. They just never seem to announce when.

Shaun of the Dead - The Mad American - 01-26-2005

fpw Wrote:What fun. Reminded me of Idle Hands.

Very fun movie. I thought the part where they first discover the zombies in the back yard was hilarious. Especially the part with Shaun's album collection.

Shaun of the Dead - maxplay - 01-26-2005

My favorite scene...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

...when they pretend to be zombies and walk right among them undetected.

Shaun of the Dead - Wizard - 04-03-2006

I enjoyed when Shaun and friends beat that zombie in the bar to the beat of Queen's Dont stop me now.

Shaun of the Dead - mike36799 - 04-06-2006

maxplay Wrote:My favorite scene...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

...when they pretend to be zombies and walk right among them undetected.

How about in the grocery store, when he slips on the puddle of blood, and doesn't realize it?

Shaun of the Dead - jimbow8 - 04-06-2006

I like when Ed takes a pic of Shaun fighting the girl in the backyard.

And when Shaun and Ed are on the way out of the bar, singing "dibby dibby dibby ...." [zombie groans]