RepairmanJack.com Forums
Point Not-So-Pleasant - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Point Not-So-Pleasant (/thread-653.html)

Pages: 1 2

Point Not-So-Pleasant - Sam - 01-22-2005

Well, I've yet to watch the 2nd episode but I did catch the pilot. I have the 2nd ep. on tape but I'm in no hurry to watch it. If it's as exciting as the pilot...well, I can always erase the tape and reuse it. I've seen many good reviews for this show and lots of ads adding to the hype, but I was not impressed. Maybe it was because bad things happened right away before you had the chance to give a hoot about any of the characters. It looks like a teeny soap opera trying to be scary. Hopefully the 2nd Ep. finds the good stuff, kicks it in the ass, and gets it moving.

Point Not-So-Pleasant - Maggers - 01-22-2005

I wanted to get into this series, too, but I didn't even make it through the pilot. I watched a bit of the 2nd episode as well, and there was nothing to make me NOT change the channel.

It just didn't grab me, much as I wanted it to.

Point Pleasant, New Jersey....strange things always seem to happen in New Jersey.....hmm.....

Point Not-So-Pleasant - Marc - 01-22-2005

I thought the first episode seemed very disjointed and wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the second episode when I sat down and watched. But afterwards I have hope. I think the major problem was (and Fox is notorious for doing this) they broke up the 2 hour pilot into two parts. My bet is that if they had kept it as it was it would have been a lot better.

I don't know if I'm going to continue watching it yet though. It has peaked my interest but nothing more. Maybe after another two or three episodes we'll have a better understanding of how the show is going to play out.

Point Not-So-Pleasant - Lisa - 01-22-2005

I agree with Marc. I thought the show was here and there, but it was good enough to keep watching for a few episodes to see if it gets better. I enjoy teen stuff, though.

Lisa

Point Not-So-Pleasant - Scott Miller - 01-22-2005

Lisa Wrote:I agree with Marc. I thought the show was here and there, but it was good enough to keep watching for a few episodes to see if it gets better. I enjoy teen stuff, though.

Lisa

I may have found the Holy Grail of cheese: Coronado. Stay away if you are lactose intolerant. I figured you will want to add it to your collection forthwith.

Point Not-So-Pleasant - fpw - 01-23-2005

Maggers Wrote:Point Pleasant, New Jersey....strange things always seem to happen in New Jersey.....hmm.....

Only a few miles from here.

Point Not-So-Pleasant - the Oracle - 01-24-2005

Horrible!

I thought it was a semi-scary (and I am being very liberal with the scary part) O.C.

I can't believe I wasted space (albeit for only a short while) on my TiVo!

-Rip

Point Not-So-Pleasant - EGWilliams - 01-24-2005

fpw Wrote:Only a few miles from here.

Anybody know if they actually shot any location shots from the actual place?
Was surprised that they actually mentioned it was the one in Jersey. That should be a PR kick in the pants. I'll have to see if it's within driving distance of Wildwood during the family summer vacation. Any Jersey natives want to critique the authenticity of the town's look in the show?
I'm sticking with it for now since it's got enough soap elements to interest my wife and a little of the spooky factor for me. I think Grant Show's character will be interesting. Now if they would just hire someone other than Show to play the role. Also not buying the guy playing the young priest. The wife think's he's hot though so at least that demographic is being reached.
Give it a chance. I've enjoyed Marti Noxon's work on Buffy, so I hope some of that flair kicks in soon. IMHO, the first season of Star Trek:TNG was horrible but evolved into a great show later on.

E.G.

Point Not-So-Pleasant - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-24-2005

Sam Wrote:Well, I've yet to watch the 2nd episode but I did catch the pilot. I have the 2nd ep. on tape but I'm in no hurry to watch it. If it's as exciting as the pilot...well, I can always erase the tape and reuse it. I've seen many good reviews for this show and lots of ads adding to the hype, but I was not impressed. Maybe it was because bad things happened right away before you had the chance to give a hoot about any of the characters. It looks like a teeny soap opera trying to be scary. Hopefully the 2nd Ep. finds the good stuff, kicks it in the ass, and gets it moving.

Yes, Sam, strange things seem to happen in Point Pleasant...don't they... :eek:

Point Not-So-Pleasant - Sam - 01-25-2005

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Yes, Sam, strange things seem to happen in Point Pleasant...don't they... :eek:

I always miss the fun stuff though. Think I was born with bad timing instead of bad luck. Unfortunately, the only thing of interest in this town since the Mothman events was the movie. So if you're looking for excitement around here, it's Pointless-Pleasant. Rolleyes