RepairmanJack.com Forums
Kill Bill - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Kill Bill (/thread-63.html)

Pages: 1 2

Kill Bill - jimbow8 - 04-17-2004

I saw Kill Bill Vol. 2 tonight. I thought it was great. Much more character oriented as opposed to the almost total non-stop action of Vol. 1. There was some great depth to all the characters, but especially Bill. I won't give away anything, but if you liked the first volume, I think you will be even happier with this one.

Kill Bill - fpw - 04-17-2004

Just finished watching Vol. 1 for the second time. I looove this movie. And I loooooooove Uma. Looking forward to Vol. 2 but can't work it in this weekend.

Kill Bill - DaveStrorm - 04-17-2004

Glad to hear positive stuff about Vol. 2 as I loved the first one. I hope to get to see Vol. 2 tomorrow and I'm looking forward to learning more about Bill. And I'd also like to see Uma kick some more butt. I saw David Carradine on the Today show and he said this has been his most favorite role to play.

Kill Bill - iambear - 04-19-2004

i just watched kill bill vol 1 last night too... what a kick ass movie.... i loved the old cheesey kung fu opening credits ....

Kill Bill - Annice Burdeos - 04-20-2004

jimbow8 Wrote:I saw Kill Bill Vol. 2 tonight. I thought it was great. Much more character oriented as opposed to the almost total non-stop action of Vol. 1. There was some great depth to all the characters, but especially Bill. I won't give away anything, but if you liked the first volume, I think you will be even happier with this one.

Having seen Vol 2 a few days before it was released, I'm probably alone in this but I much preferred Vol 1 even though I thought Carradine was terrific (especially something he says towards the end reConfuseduperheroes) and Thurman was born to be The Bride.

With that said, I found it a bit of a letdown

Anyone notice the last few films at the box office (including the upcoming Man on Fire which I am seeing tonight) all have punishment on their minds?

Kill Bill - Gerald Rice - 04-21-2004

Annice Burdeos Wrote:Having seen Vol 2 a few days before it was released, I'm probably alone in this but I much preferred Vol 1 even though I thought Carradine was terrific (especially something he says towards the end reConfuseduperheroes) and Thurman was born to be The Bride.

Anyone notice the last few films at the box office (including the upcoming Man on Fire which I am seeing tonight) all have punishment on their minds?

I enjoyed the second one a lot. It was big departure from the first, but to me, it made perfect sense how everything was tied up. I like Quentin Tarrantino's quirky style, but I don't think liking the 1st automatically means liking the 2nd. My wife hated the 2nd one, she wanted blood and gore like the 1st, but I tried to explain to her how this one was more of a love story and focused on grounding the characters, especially The Bride.

Oh, and Samuel L. Jackson strikes again. He said his goal is to be in every Quentin Tarrantino project and he meant it.

Kill Bill - jimbow8 - 04-21-2004

Gerald Rice Wrote:Oh, and Samuel L. Jackson strikes again. He said his goal is to be in every Quentin Tarrantino project and he meant it.
Well, he loses, because he wasn't in Reservoir Dogs.

Kill Bill - DaveStrorm - 04-21-2004

I enjoyed Vol. 2 although for slightly different reasons than Vol. 1. There is a LOT less action and gore although the one scene (trying to avoid a spoiler here) where someone is flopping around like a fish out of water I thought was pretty awesome. I loved the camera work especially in the Pai Mei scenes - pure 70's Kung Fu shots. And both Uma and David Carradine did superb jobs IMHO. I thought for a few minutes I was going to be disappointed in the ending but I jumped the gun a little bit and it turned out OK.

Kill Bill - Jay #1 - 04-22-2004

Vol 1 was great. Fact was though, that 2 had more of Bruce Lee's movie making style in it than the 1st. Made me nostalgic for all of his old movies.

as for the punishment theme, it was probably that or war movies, in the movie industries mind.

Annice Burdeos Wrote:Having seen Vol 2 a few days before it was released, I'm probably alone in this but I much preferred Vol 1 even though I thought Carradine was terrific (especially something he says towards the end reConfuseduperheroes) and Thurman was born to be The Bride.

Kill Bill - Gerald Rice - 04-22-2004

jimbow8 Wrote:Well, he loses, because he wasn't in Reservoir Dogs.

I think he meant from the first one he was in. He's been in about 7 Q-related pics.