RepairmanJack.com Forums
Crisscross cover - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Crisscross cover (/thread-56.html)

Pages: 1 2

Crisscross cover - Marc - 04-12-2004

I don't remember anyone mentioning this so I just wanted to let everyone know that Gauntlet Press has posted the bookcover of Crisscross. You can find it at here.

Crisscross cover - fpw - 04-12-2004

Marc B. Wrote:I don't remember anyone mentioning this so I just wanted to let everyone know that Gauntlet Press has posted the bookcover of Crisscross.

I'm curious what you folks think of the style -- it's quite a departure from the dark, moody covers Harry usually does for me.

Crisscross cover - Matthew Smith - 04-12-2004

I really like the cover. Who is the artist? And I love the art deco lettering.

--Matthew

Crisscross cover - jimbow8 - 04-12-2004

I like it though I can't quite make it out completely. Someone crucified on a rack in front of some tanks?

It reminds me a little of what one might see on a Stephen King Dark Tower novel.

Crisscross cover - Marc - 04-12-2004

Matthew Smith Wrote:I really like the cover. Who is the artist? And I love the art deco lettering.

Harry O. Morris is the artist.

Crisscross cover - Mailedbypostman - 04-12-2004

I cant see it quite right. And did you look at the summary below? It sounds cool, like they all do Big Grin

Crisscross cover - Ken Valentine - 04-13-2004

fpw Wrote:I'm curious what you folks think of the style -- it's quite a departure from the dark, moody covers Harry usually does for me.

It's an intriguing cover design. I'm looking forward to having it in my hands.

In my typical bass ackward way, I judge the cover by the book.

So far, my absolute favorite is the cover on Gateways. With the lights coming out of the cenote, the distorted tangle of vegetation, the hints of faces and the conquistadore, the dark moon . . .eerie. What a great poster that would make.

Ken V.

Crisscross cover - Carcosa - 04-13-2004

Ken Valentine Wrote:It's an intriguing cover design. I'm looking forward to having it in my hands.

In my typical bass ackward way, I judge the cover by the book.

So far, my absolute favorite is the cover on Gateways. With the lights coming out of the cenote, the distorted tangle of vegetation, the hints of faces and the conquistadore, the dark moon . . .eerie. What a great poster that would make.

Ken V.

Just curious about what you guys think of the Gauntlet editions in general. I think the current crop of new small press publishers do not seem to grasp book layout and graphic design as well as some of the older publishers like Donald Grant or Whispers. The Whispers "TOMB" was a great book.....

Crisscross cover - Tim Hatch - 04-13-2004

Carcosa Wrote:Just curious about what you guys think of the Gauntlet editions in general. I think the current crop of new small press publishers do not seem to grasp book layout and graphic design as well as some of the older publishers like Donald Grant or Whispers. The Whispers "TOMB" was a great book.....

I think the Gauntlet editions are fantastic. There are a couple of relatively new small presses that are producing some fantastic editions in the horror genre. Delirium Books and Bloodletting Press. Delirium produces very limited editions that are by the "up and coming" newer authors. Bloodletting seems to be a mix of old and new with a couple terrific editions by Douglas Clegg.

Crisscross cover - Scott Hajek - 04-13-2004

Ken Valentine Wrote:So far, my absolute favorite is the cover on Gateways. With the lights coming out of the cenote, the distorted tangle of vegetation, the hints of faces and the conquistadore, the dark moon . . .eerie. What a great poster that would make.

Ken V.

I e-mailed Cemetery Dance to see if they would sell the dust jacket for "Midnight Mass" separately so I could frame it. No reply as of yet.