RepairmanJack.com Forums
Nightworld ebooks??? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Nightworld ebooks??? (/thread-4546.html)

Pages: 1 2

Nightworld ebooks??? - swandy - 01-13-2012

Is the new version of "Nightworld" being released in ebook format? I see that Amazon and Barnes & Noble have the hardcover listed for pre-order for release on May 22 but neither show an ebook version. Any info???

Nightworld ebooks??? - quikfix228 - 01-13-2012

i dont know about ebook edition but im begging for a limited edition!!!

Nightworld ebooks??? - rjack_fan - 01-14-2012

quikfix228 Wrote:i dont know about ebook edition but im begging for a limited edition!!!

Borderlands Press has a limited edition out from a few years back when it was originally heavily revised. It has been stated several times in different threads that the changes from that edition to the one coming out are very minimal, to the point where they will likely be missed by most unless you are looking for them.

Nightworld ebooks??? - fpw - 01-14-2012

Tor/MacMillan fully intends to put out an ebook edition concurrent with the trade hardcover. I hope to have the rest of the Adversary Cycle up internationally by then.

Nightworld ebooks??? - Tumak - 01-23-2012

Wait... hardcover?? It's not going to be trade paperback like the other reissues?

Nightworld ebooks??? - fpw - 01-24-2012

Tumak Wrote:Wait... hardcover?? It's not going to be trade paperback like the other reissues?

Later.

Nightworld ebooks??? - lexator222 - 03-06-2012

Well, I have a question for the man! I finished reading "Dark at the end", and then wanted to reread "Nightworld", the original version. SO, after that, went back and reread "The Keep". I noticed that Rasalom is completely different in the keep, as opposed to the Rasalom that we all know and hate. Granted, I saw the movie long before I ever read the book, and got that whole jewish "Golam" thing in my head, so Rasalom as a typical vampire was very different. I would have loved for Michael Mann to follow the book. I also got the image of Christopher Lambert playing Glaeken, after seeing him as the Highlander, just could not shake THAT image, so the elderly Glaeken in Nightworld still looked like Christopher Lambert from Highlander 2! (Don't ask me why).
But I did notice a total change of characteristics in Rasalom, and it bugged me all through the book. I mean he was the atypical example of your average vampire, ripping throats, sucking blood, reanimating the dead, etc. So, just curious here, but are you going to modify your character of Rasalom to comform to the Keep character, or just explain that since he was "reborn", that he was no longer the old vampire character from the first book.

Tis a mystery. (pardon the pun)

Nightworld ebooks??? - rjack_fan - 03-06-2012

Well, I assumed he was doing whatever he wanted before, knowing nobody could stop him and Glaeken had not been successful in trying to subdue him. Then when he got locked away for all that time in the keep, he came to have a healthy respect/fear of Glaeken, as evidenced by his intentional low profile during the time he thought he was free and Glaeken was still the powerful adversary he had always known. He gets more bold when he learns he doesn't have to sneak around anymore as Glaeken is now elderly.

I haven't read Nightworld yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing the difference you are speaking of. I plan on reading the original version after reading the revised one.

Nightworld ebooks??? - Laird - 03-07-2012

Wishing I could be JACK!!! He touches a little or in my case a lot, of what I WISH I could be in real life.

His thinking and feelings about the protectivness he has for Gia & Vicki, seriously give me a sense of, when it comes down to it, Envy?

Glacken a father figure of unfathamable knowalage but as easy to talk to as a beer buddy!

fpw, always loving the way you write in all books, (and hope this doesn't offend you), but reminds me of Mario Puzo. I loved his books.

Anyways, when is a movie coming? Jack is the perfect unwilling hero! The special effects with the Matrix and Avatar templates could bring a unlikely SUPERHERO!! I read all the CRAP you went through with the copyrights with the TOMB and am so sorry it never materialized.

I am just going through the Advisery seris again and falling in love all over again.

The revised nightworld is out? is it heavly revised? I SOOO want it NOW!!

Been a while since i've been on but always a devoted fan!

Nightworld ebooks??? - lexator222 - 03-08-2012

Yes, I also am really looking forward to the revised Nightworld. I was really bummed that there was no closure with Gia, Vicky and Abe in the first version. I want them to be alright, and safe. It was almost leading to the other way, when Abe gave Jack the keys to his store, and then Glaeken told Jack about all the Billions of dollars that would be at his usage, if things went south. I don't want to say any more than that, in case someone hasn't read the older version.
Lexx