RepairmanJack.com Forums
Justified - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Justified (/thread-4544.html)

Pages: 1 2

Justified - Scott Miller - 01-11-2012

I'm pretty sure I've heard this show mentioned here before but was unable to find where and the show is kick ass enough to deserve its own thread anyway. I recently finished Season 1 and was mighty impressed. The acting, writing and story are all top notch. Now that I've seen him, I must agree that Timothy Olyphant would make an excellent RJ; he can be charming one second and utterly ruthless the next. I have set my DVR to record the third season which is going to air starting January 17th. I give it my highest recommendation.

Justified - fpw - 01-11-2012

Just finished Season 2 last night - even better than season 1. Season 3 starts next week. Wolton Goggins continues to amaze. The writing on this series is so far above the herd, and where do they find these actors? Simply amazing.

Justified - PicardRex - 01-11-2012

Scott Miller Wrote:I'm pretty sure I've heard this show mentioned here before but was unable to find where and the show is kick ass enough to deserve its own thread anyway. I recently finished Season 1 and was mighty impressed. The acting, writing and story are all top notch. Now that I've seen him, I must agree that Timothy Olyphant would make an excellent RJ; he can be charming one second and utterly ruthless the next. I have set my DVR to record the third season which is going to air starting January 17th. I give it my highest recommendation.

I too have recently found this show and enjoyed as you mentioned. I have to recommend Deadwood, which also stars Timothy Olyphant, actually his character in Justified is pretty much his character in Deadwood, just toned down for cable tv and a bit more of a sense of humor.

fpw Wrote:Just finished Season 2 last night - even better than season 1. Season 3 starts next week. Wolton Goggins continues to amaze. The writing on this series is so far above the herd, and where do they find these actors? Simply amazing.

Goggins is great; in the special features it talks about him dying in that first episode but they liked him so much that they let him live. I am awaiting Season 2s arrival from the library in the near future.

PicardRex Wrote:I too have recently found this show and enjoyed as you mentioned. I have to recommend Deadwood, which also stars Timothy Olyphant, actually his character in Justified is pretty much his character in Deadwood, just toned down for cable tv and a bit more of a sense of humor.

I am planning on watching Deadwood at some point(I got a lot things to watch at the moment and I've been watching Hell On Wheels (which is pretty dang good btw)so I've got my western fix for now.

Justified - PicardRex - 01-11-2012

Scott Miller Wrote:I am planning on watching Deadwood at some point(I got a lot things to watch at the moment and I've been watching Hell On Wheels (which is pretty dang good btw)so I've got my western fix for now.

Deadwood is great, a word of warnign though, like a lot of great shows, it was cancelled before finishing its story. Also, Ian McShane as Al Swearengen, one of the best characters on a show in a long time, in my view.

Justified - The Mad American - 01-11-2012

Scott Miller Wrote:I am planning on watching Deadwood at some point(I got a lot things to watch at the moment and I've been watching Hell On Wheels (which is pretty dang good btw)so I've got my western fix for now.

Did Hell On Wheels get better after the first couple episodes? It lost me after the first 3, just couldn't latch onto anything about it. I really wanted to like it but there was no connection.

Justified - Scott Miller - 01-12-2012

The Mad American Wrote:Did Hell On Wheels get better after the first couple episodes? It lost me after the first 3, just couldn't latch onto anything about it. I really wanted to like it but there was no connection.

It certainly wasn't great but I did find it enjoyable. I liked the first 3 episodes but I wouldn't say it got markedly better from then so you probably wouldn't either.

Justified - Brian - 01-13-2012

The new season of Justified starts the 17'th of January I believe. It is one of a few programs I follow.

Justified - Scott Miller - 03-01-2012

fpw Wrote:Just finished Season 2 last night - even better than season 1. Season 3 starts next week. Wolton Goggins continues to amaze. The writing on this series is so far above the herd, and where do they find these actors? Simply amazing.

I'm halfway through 2 and I agree; its been great. I thought Art chasing Reasoner at the airfield was one of the funniest things I've seen in ages.