RepairmanJack.com Forums
Ground Zero ARC - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Ground Zero ARC (/thread-3435.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ground Zero ARC - Drlazarus - 06-01-2009

FPW was signing ARCs of "Ground Zero" this weekend and there is already one on e-bay. Man these people move fast.

Ground Zero ARC - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 06-01-2009

Drlazarus Wrote:FPW was signing ARCs of "Ground Zero" this weekend and there is already one on e-bay. Man these people move fast.
First paragraphs something like,

How do you hug ghosts?

Jack stared at The Pit. Ghosts were all around. The ghosts of the innocent. The ghosts of Company 343.

"Let's go, Gia." If he stayed any longer, he would cry. And he didn't want Vicks to see him cry. He had to be strong for her now. Him and a million other fathers in New York.

Ground Zero ARC - Dave F - 06-07-2009

Drlazarus Wrote:FPW was signing ARCs of "Ground Zero" this weekend and there is already one on e-bay. Man these people move fast.

Not sure if it's the same auction - but I won it

Wooooooooohoooooooooooo Ground Zero winging its way to the UK

My Gauntlet copy can stay pristine when that comes

Ground Zero ARC - fpw - 06-07-2009

Britfan Wrote:Not sure if it's the same auction - but I won it

Wooooooooohoooooooooooo Ground Zero winging its way to the UK

[SIZE=2]My Gauntlet copy can stay pristine when that comes

The ARC on ebay was from Gauntlet. No cover art on the trade ARCs from BEA. None of those have appeared yet. That's weird. Last time it took a mere 26 hours for one to go up. Unless people are keeping them.[/SIZE]

Ground Zero ARC - cobalt - 06-07-2009

Now why wouldn't one want to hold onto one of your books?

Ground Zero ARC - ccosborne3 - 06-07-2009

In previous years Gauntlet always offered a few copies for sale via Ebay. This time around they have all been sold by people who got their hands on it early. I picked up a copy last night on Ebay for $80. If memory serves I paid $140 for Bloodline and $110 for By the Sword.

Question here for FPW. Why are there two ARC's available? I assume the BEA version is for critics and newspapers and such to garnish publicity and reviews. Why does Gauntlet publish one? Depending on how many are printed it seems like a needless expense. Not complaining, just curious about the process.

Ground Zero ARC - t4terrific - 06-07-2009

cobalt79 Wrote:Now why wouldn't one want to hold onto one of your books?

If everyone did, my collection would be much smaller.

Ground Zero ARC - cobalt - 06-07-2009

Maybe it's just me...being greedy. But once I have something in my collection...it's mine. I may lend it to my son or Brian. But they're mine.....all mine.

Ground Zero ARC - ccosborne3 - 06-07-2009

cobalt79 Wrote:Maybe it's just me...being greedy. But once I have something in my collection...it's mine. I may lend it to my son or Brian. But they're mine.....all mine.

For me, unless it was personally inscribed, it's just a book and should be considered for resale. Even the signed, numbered, limited editions feel very cold. The only reason I've ever bought them is so I wouldn't have to wait for the trade edition to come out. Plus I always imagine the author getting bored and pissed by the time he gets around to signing the 300's. Fuck you 321! Lick my balls 322! Toss my salad 323! and so on.

Ground Zero ARC - lexator222 - 06-07-2009

Yeah, well, I still have my copy of "By the Sword" personally signed by the great man himself (he had verified the signature on this site!) and they will have to pry it out of my cold DEAD hands!!!!! Hehehehehehe
Lexator