RepairmanJack.com Forums
Jack: Secret Histories news - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Jack: Secret Histories news (/thread-3192.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jack: Secret Histories news - fpw - 12-09-2008

[SIZE="3"]Word from the publisher that JACK: SECRET HISTORIES has been selected for VOYA’s Top Shelf Fiction for Middle School Readers list. “This list is of books that adults and youth agreed were the very best of the best.” The list will appear in the February issue. VOYA is a trade magazine for librarians. This is a very nice surprise. [/SIZE]

Jack: Secret Histories news - Ken Valentine - 12-09-2008

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Word from the publisher that JACK: SECRET HISTORIES has been selected for VOYA’s Top Shelf Fiction for Middle School Readers list. “This list is of books that adults and youth agreed were the very best of the best.” The list will appear in the February issue. VOYA is a trade magazine for librarians. This is a very nice surprise. [/SIZE]
Very nice indeed!

Ken V.

Jack: Secret Histories news - Brian - 12-09-2008

Good news for you sir. This book is in my line up to read and of course I still need to find a copy. It will take me some time to get to it. But from what I'm seeing here, the wait will be worth it.

Jack: Secret Histories news - Libby - 12-09-2008

fpw Wrote:Word from the publisher that JACK: SECRET HISTORIES has been selected for VOYA’s Top Shelf Fiction for Middle School Readers list. “This list is of books that adults and youth agreed were the very best of the best.” The list will appear in the February issue. VOYA is a trade magazine for librarians. This is a very nice surprise.

A suprise for you maybe.:thumbsup: I am planning on giving out FPW books to my friends as christmas presents. This will be a good one for those not that into reading.Smile

Jack: Secret Histories news - colburn0004 - 12-09-2008

That's great news FPW. Wheres the news on the rj movie? If i recall corectly werent you supposed to have a sit down lunch with some people from beacon sometime at the beginning of the month? I thought i read that in the newsletter or something somewhere.

Jack: Secret Histories news - Dave F - 12-09-2008

At work we are buying presents for "at risk" children who have been taken away from their family

I have to buy for a 13 year old boy

I am thinking of buying Secret Histories for him

Trouble is we don't know anything about the kids - so I don't know if he enjoys reading

Jack: Secret Histories news - Libby - 12-09-2008

Britfan Wrote:At work we are buying presents for "at risk" children who have been taken away from their family

I have to buy for a 13 year old boy

I am thinking of buying Secret Histories for him

Trouble is we don't know anything about the kids - so I don't know if he enjoys reading
You could get him RJ YA and something else. You could get him an RV.Big Grin

Jack: Secret Histories news - Kenji - 12-10-2008

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Word from the publisher that JACK: SECRET HISTORIES has been selected for VOYA’s Top Shelf Fiction for Middle School Readers list. “This list is of books that adults and youth agreed were the very best of the best.” The list will appear in the February issue. VOYA is a trade magazine for librarians. This is a very nice surprise. [/SIZE]

That's good news, Paul!

But it came as no surprise to me. I knew S.H. will get an accurate appraisal. Wink

Jack: Secret Histories news - dezboi - 12-10-2008

Boss-man Wilson,

Congrats on the positive review....that's great news and I'm glad to see it whenever you get the attention and praise you deserve.

Jack: Secret Histories news - Scott Miller - 12-10-2008

A good word, deserved of course, in VOYA is a great thing for you. Teachers and students also use it to look for books as well as librarians. Pretty soon you'll be selling class sets. I just loaned my copy to a second English teacher, the first loved it and may try to use it in her class.