RepairmanJack.com Forums
jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) (/thread-3100.html)

Pages: 1 2

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - John Is Ghost - 10-17-2008

im a big giants fan and i was sorta bummed when i read that jack wore a wayne chebrett jersey, are you also a jets fan or did you right it so he could be identified easier.

anyone else not like the jets?:p

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - John Is Ghost - 10-17-2008

John Is Ghost Wrote:im a big giants fan and i was sorta bummed when i read that jack wore a wayne chebrett jersey, are you also a jets fan or did you right it so he could be identified easier.

*write

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - wdg3rd - 10-17-2008

Can't stand football, soccer, baseball, basketball, hockey or any other "team" sports. The main sports I like to watch are fencing and women's gymnastics. While there are fencing and gymnastics "teams", everything happens due to individual effort, talent and skill, not "teamwork".

I could possibly tolerate baseball played by the North American Confederacy rules, as described by L. Neil Smith in The American Zone (Chapter 16). And football might be fun if they took all that armor away from the players and issued one team baseball bats and the other hockey sticks. (For some reason I don't understand, a lot of kids want to grow up to play professional football -- my changes to the game would provide a lot more job openings).

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - Wapitikev - 10-18-2008

wdg3rd Wrote:Can't stand football, soccer, baseball, basketball, hockey or any other "team" sports. The main sports I like to watch are fencing and women's gymnastics. While there are fencing and gymnastics "teams", everything happens due to individual effort, talent and skill, not "teamwork".

I could possibly tolerate baseball played by the North American Confederacy rules, as described by L. Neil Smith in The American Zone (Chapter 16). And football might be fun if they took all that armor away from the players and issued one team baseball bats and the other hockey sticks. (For some reason I don't understand, a lot of kids want to grow up to play professional football -- my changes to the game would provide a lot more job openings).

I assume you are in favour of fighting in Hockey, then?

So the goalie in ice hockey requires no individual effort, talent or skill? You have obviously never seen Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur play net (or Henrik Lundquist, or Nik Backstrom, or Roberto Luongo, or...). the three qualities you list are the quintessential skill-set for a hockey goalie; the player that stands alone against one or more opponents during shootouts, breakaways, power plays, etc.

Hockey teams without good goailes never get anywhere, and there is only one of them at each end of the playing surface, not unlike fencing...they both wear full-face masks.

There is no other sport like hockey, except maybe Lacrosse (no I don't count soccer as a sport).

If you live in NJ, take in a Devil's game some time. As much as I hate that team, Brodeur is poetry to watch.

-Wapitikev, proud Canadian

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - fpw - 10-19-2008

John Is Ghost Wrote:im a big giants fan and i was sorta bummed when i read that jack wore a wayne chebrett jersey, are you also a jets fan or did you right it so he could be identified easier.

[SIZE="3"]Vicky is a Jets fan. Jack is mostly a Mets fan. Think: A guy wearing a Jets jersey on a NYC subway is virtually invisible.

Me, I've been a Jets fan since they were the Titans. Trust me, it's been a long hard road since Super Bowl 3.

from Arcana in Mpls, MN [/SIZE]

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - John Is Ghost - 10-19-2008

thanks!!!!

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 10-19-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:I assume you are in favour of fighting in Hockey, then?

So the goalie in ice hockey requires no individual effort, talent or skill? You have obviously never seen Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur play net (or Henrik Lundquist, or Nik Backstrom, or Roberto Luongo, or...). the three qualities you list are the quintessential skill-set for a hockey goalie; the player that stands alone against one or more opponents during shootouts, breakaways, power plays, etc.

Hockey teams without good goailes never get anywhere, and there is only one of them at each end of the playing surface, not unlike fencing...they both wear full-face masks.

There is no other sport like hockey, except maybe Lacrosse (no I don't count soccer as a sport).

If you live in NJ, take in a Devil's game some time. As much as I hate that team, Brodeur is poetry to watch.

-Wapitikev, proud Canadian

Amen, Wap. Think I mighta posted this awhile ago, but soccer is=exactly= the same sport as hockey, 'cept hockey is faster-paced and more exciting. I have tried to watch and appreciate soccer, but its charms pass me by.

I just don't understand its appeal.

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - wdg3rd - 10-19-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:I assume you are in favour of fighting in Hockey, then?

If Hockey was just goalie vs. goalie, you might have a point. But each has a handful of guys out to beat the other goalie, it's not one-on-one. I hear it's rather uncommon for a goalie to actually score. (On the ice, anyway -- off the ice, well, they're popular sports figures).

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - LolaRennt - 10-21-2008

I don't really understand the disdain for team sports. Is it that you think it's just less effort because there's multiple people out there? And who cares if the goalie doesn't score a point? That's not the role of the goalie.

Each team member has to have some kind of talent, it's not a random mob effort.

I get the feeling that the disdain isn't just for the concept of a team sport but more for the fact that it's not as some bloody, violent mess.

jack is a jets fan, is FWP too?(question for FPW) - wdg3rd - 10-21-2008

LolaRennt Wrote:I don't really understand the disdain for team sports. Is it that you think it's just less effort because there's multiple people out there? And who cares if the goalie doesn't score a point? That's not the role of the goalie.

Each team member has to have some kind of talent, it's not a random mob effort.

I get the feeling that the disdain isn't just for the concept of a team sport but more for the fact that it's not as some bloody, violent mess.

Umm, if you read my first post in this thread, I mentioned that the sports I like watching are fencing and womens gymnastics. Neither are generally bloody or violent. (Yes, I realize that fencing derives from non-sport activities that were bloody and violent). There some one-on-one sports that turn me off. Boxing comes to mind.