RepairmanJack.com Forums
I think I solved the script problem for RJ the movie - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: I think I solved the script problem for RJ the movie (/thread-2999.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

I think I solved the script problem for RJ the movie - Legion - 08-11-2008

From what I understand they've been going through writers like wildfire.

What about Joss Whedon? He has more experience writing good paranormal related works than most these days, he is also a writer for comics, and he also has major connections in Hollywood. If they could get his name behind the project it might kick the project in the arse.

Plus, he could probably get James Fillion as Jack.

The guy has range. not only did he create Buffy, but I am pretty sure he won an Oscar for Toy Story. That's what i call range.

Any opinions? Info?

I think I solved the script problem for RJ the movie - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 08-11-2008

Legion Wrote:From what I understand they've been going through writers like wildfire.

What about Joss Whedon? He has more experience writing good paranormal related works than most these days, he is also a writer for comics, and he also has major connections in Hollywood. If they could get his name behind the project it might kick the project in the arse.

The guy has range. not only did he create Buffy, but I am pretty sure he won an Oscar for Toy Story. That's what i call range.

Any opinions? Info?

Why not have Paul write it? He knows the characters and story better than anyone, and he's written screenplays before.

Plus, I hear he works for cheap.

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Why not have Paul write it? He knows the characters and story better than anyone, and he's written screenplays before.

Plus, I hear he works for cheap.

I've been suggesting that from the start, but I suspect the studios want their own so they have more power. Its almost entirely unheard of for the original creator write the script of a film version of a novel.

I think I solved the script problem for RJ the movie - Marc - 08-11-2008

Legion Wrote:Plus, he could probably get James Fillion as Jack.

I'm not familiar with James Fillion. Do you mean Nathan Fillion from Firefly fame?

I think I solved the script problem for RJ the movie - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 08-11-2008

Legion Wrote:I've been suggesting that from the start, but I suspect the studios want their own so they have more power. Its almost entirely unheard of for the original creator write the script of a film version of a novel.

That's true, but most of it is few fictioneers have any ah-deer about screenplay writing. Paul does.

Plus, he works for cheap.

Marc B. Wrote:I'm not familiar with James Fillion. Do you mean Nathan Fillion from Firefly fame?

Oops. Yep. My bad. Typing one handed while holding a squirming baby can be detrimental to your memory.

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:That's true, but most of it is few fictioneers have any ah-deer about screenplay writing. Paul does.

Plus, he works for cheap.

Has Paul done any screenplays? I know, myself, I was originally a novelist until I decided to go to school for a worthless degree ( BFA in writing for film and television. ) . Its a ROUGH transition. The format can be a pain. Even now I use a template for the format so that I KNOW that it meets industry criteria.

Legion Wrote:Oops. Yep. My bad. Typing one handed while holding a squirming baby can be detrimental to your memory.

How's the little one doing, Esteban? Post a pitchur sometime, maybe?

I think I solved the script problem for RJ the movie - jimbow8 - 08-11-2008

Legion Wrote:From what I understand they've been going through writers like wildfire.

Any opinions? Info?
He's got a TV series and two movies that he is working on, and who knows what else in the works behind the scenes.

I'm not sure about "major connections in Hollywood" either. He tends to buck the system. I could be wrong here, though.

As mush as I LOVE the guy's work, he might have a tendency to make it his own: Whedon's Repairman Jack, rather than Wilson's Repairman Jack.

Legion Wrote:Has Paul done any screenplays? I know, myself, I was originally a novelist until I decided to go to school for a worthless degree ( BFA in writing for film and television. ) . Its a ROUGH transition. The format can be a pain. Even now I use a template for the format so that I KNOW that it meets industry criteria.

If mem'ry soives, Ah believe he described his experiences in THE BARRENS AND OTHERS, and threw a couple of screenplays in for good measure.