RepairmanJack.com Forums
Who should play Rasalom? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Who should play Rasalom? (/thread-2942.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Who should play Rasalom? - Legion - 07-04-2008

I know there have been a million posts on this board for who should play ack. What about Mister Big Bad himself?

My vote is Naveen Andrews. Rasalom is described as arabic if memory serves correct. ( I hope Im right there.)

Hes got that smooth, collected, intelligent way of speaking but he's also bad ass as hell.

[Image: tn2_naveen_andrews_2.jpg]

Who should play Rasalom? - tenebroust - 07-04-2008

Legion Wrote:I know there have been a million posts on this board for who should play ack. What about Mister Big Bad himself?

My vote is Naveen Andrews. Rasalom is described as arabic if memory serves correct. ( I hope Im right there.)

Hes got that smooth, collected, intelligent way of speaking but he's also bad ass as hell.

[Image: tn2_naveen_andrews_2.jpg]

That is certainly a possibility. The guy needs to be charismatic as heck and cultured with an underside of menace.

Who should play Rasalom? - Ken Valentine - 07-04-2008

Legion Wrote:IMy vote is Naveen Andrews. Rasalom is described as arabic if memory serves correct. ( I hope Im right there.)
In THE KEEP, he was described (self described) as a Boyar: The highest rank of Feudal Wallachian Aristocracy.

He is from "The First Age," and I'm sure that there was no such thing as "Arabs" at that time.

Ken V.

tenebroust Wrote:That is certainly a possibility. The guy needs to be charismatic as heck and cultured with an underside of menace.
Being as the prospective movie is about Repairman Jack, and that Rasalom doesn't play a part in it, I think Naveen Andrews would probably do a pretty good job of playing Kusum.

Ken V.

Who should play Rasalom? - webby - 07-04-2008

Ken Valentine Wrote:Being as the prospective movie is about Repairman Jack, and that Rasalom doesn't play a part in it, I think Naveen Andrews would probably do a pretty good job of playing Kusum.

Ken V.

I agree. Smile

Spoilers for Reborn, Reprisal and Conspiricies:
[SPOILER]Also, by the time Rasalom becomes part of Jack's world, he'd be in the body he was Reborn into in '68, right? So we'll have to go by the description of Rafe in Reprisal to know what he looks like to Jack. Or his description in Conspiricies maybe.[/SPOILER]

Who should play Rasalom? - Miskatonic & Gin - 07-04-2008

I think having a no name play Rasalom might be best if it ever came down to it...

As far as his original nationality he wasn't Arabic. I believe he was of Asian/Chinese descent. I seem to remember him standing on a mountain in China "not far from where he was born..."

Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:I seem to remember him standing on a mountain in China "not far from where he was born..."

Now that you mention it. . . . You're absolutely correct.

Ken V.

Who should play Rasalom? - Scott Miller - 07-04-2008

Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:I think having a no name play Rasalom might be best if it ever came down to it...

I always felt that Gary Oldman would make a great Molasar or Rasalom.

Who should play Rasalom? - Maggers - 07-04-2008

Frank Langella might be too old now for the Big R, but he's got that smooth, menacing way about him.

Naveen Andrews would be a great Kusum.

Scott Miller Wrote:I always felt that Gary Oldman would make a great Molasar or Rasalom.
I've only seen him in the Harry Potter movies, but even then, I have to agree.

Ken V.