RepairmanJack.com Forums
Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** (/thread-2801.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** - Libby - 04-12-2008

I have recently finished bloodlines, and I have some theories which may already have happen in FPW books i have not read, namely the Adversary circle. Given the high anount of oDNA in Jacks blood, which is probably part of that which made him a "straight branch," the Ally could have thought that his baby could be a threat, which could have been why the Ally chose the baby to be the one that isn't revived in Harbingers, instead of Vicky or Gia. Also, Dawns baby will have a very, very large amount of oDNA, so much, in fact, that it may be born with an oddly diamond shaped head and four arms.

hmmm...

Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** - NickelobLight - 04-12-2008

Libby Wrote:I have recently finished bloodlines, and I have some theories which may already have happen in FPW books i have not read, namely the Adversary circle. Given the high anount of oDNA in Jacks blood, which is probably part of that which made him a "straight branch," the Ally could have thought that his baby could be a threat, which could have been why the Ally chose the baby to be the one that isn't revived in Harbingers, instead of Vicky or Gia. Also, Dawns baby will have a very, very large amount of oDNA, so much, in fact, that it may be born with an oddly diamond shaped head and four arms.

hmmm...

Not bad. Someone in here posted a theory in one thread or another that makes a sort of sense to me. It went something like this:

Both sides, the Ally & the Otherness, make use of individuals with high amounts of oDNA, (I mean Jack's playing for the good guys, and he's loaded with the stuff, right?). If that's the case, maybe a short fuse is only one of the characteristics of someone with high amounts of oDNA. Maybe we'll learn more of them later on...

Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** - Libby - 04-12-2008

I quite agree. In Bloodline, it mentions that the Trigger gene causes a short fuse, and awakens the oDNA, which is dormant without it. Jack has the trigger gene, in all probibility, but he can control himself, which is very good for every one else. Another thought that just occerred to me is that the grandfather/great-grandfather of Dawn's child is Rasalom, and he has two eyes after all.:confused: I guess we'll find out in By The Sword.Cool

Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** - Wapitikev - 04-12-2008

Libby Wrote:I quite agree. In Bloodline, it mentions that the Trigger gene causes a short fuse, and awakens the oDNA, which is dormant without it. Jack has the trigger gene, in all probibility, but he can control himself, which is very good for every one else. Another thought that just occerred to me is that the grandfather/great-grandfather of Dawn's child is Rasalom, and he has two eyes after all.:confused: I guess we'll find out in By The Sword.Cool

...it is unlikely that Rasalom is the dad...one of the other characters in Reborn is more likely the culprit.

In Reborn, which takes place in 1968, R is...reborn...and therefore would be 20 years old in 88. Any kids he would have had would be only 20 this year...since the brothers were well older than that, their dad would have had to be older than Rasalom.

One of the otherness servants in Reborn that helps Rasalom be...reborn (that's so awkward), is very "in touch" with the otherness...obviously having a great deal of oDNA. He also works in a slaughterhouse. One of the brothers in Bloodline also mentions working in a slaughterhouse when he was younger. Remember there are no coincidences.

Oh...he also had one eye.

Also the brothers were born in the Southern states...which is where this particular Otherness servant went with Rasalom's mom, to protect her while she had her child...it isn't too big a stretch to imagine that they travelled around a lot to keep anyone from tracking them down and daddy-dearest did some amateur eugenics in each town they stopped in...kinda makes you wonder how many other (no pun intended) brothers from another mother are also wandering around out there.

Creepy.

I highly recommend the Adversary Cycle...I've read everything up until the current Jack novel and every one of them (Novel and story) are all well worth reading.

-Wapitikev

Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** - cobalt - 04-12-2008

Welcome aboard Libby. I hugely recommend The Adversary series. You learn so much. There are some wonderfully horrific scenes that you really don't want to miss. Gently used copies are usually found on E-bay and other sites. Good hunting.

Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** - Wapitikev - 04-12-2008

cobalt79 Wrote:Welcome aboard Libby. I hugely recommend The Adversary series. You learn so much. There are some wonderfully horrific scenes that you really don't want to miss. Gently used copies are usually found on E-bay and other sites. Good hunting.

Thank you, Cobalt79, for reminding me of my manners.

Welcome Libby...I (just now) noted that you are the newest member of the board...it is always good to see new members engaging in a broad spectrum of forums and expressing their ideas and opinions.

I wholeheartedly applaud, and encourage you to keep it up. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.

Smile

-Wapitikev

Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** - Libby - 04-13-2008

Thank you for the kind welcome.:o

And you're right, I do need to read the advasary circle, I know that the RJ series would make more sense if I do. The problem is that I am a minor and live in the middle of nowhere, and we don't have any of the Advasary circle (except the Tomb, of courseSmile). My parents can't seem to get around to buying any of the avasary circle, and I can't. It sucks.Sad I will see if my mom will let me use her credit card on ebay, though. Thanks for the tip!Smile

Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** - Miskatonic & Gin - 04-13-2008

Libby Wrote:Thank you for the kind welcome.:o

And you're right, I do need to read the advasary circle, I know that the RJ series would make more sense if I do. The problem is that I am a minor and live in the middle of nowhere, and we don't have any of the Advasary circle (except the Tomb, of courseSmile). My parents can't seem to get around to buying any of the avasary circle, and I can't. It sucks.Sad I will see if my mom will let me use her credit card on ebay, though. Thanks for the tip!Smile

Shoot, I'll be happy to give you my copies of Reprisal and The Touch if you want. I have 2 copies of each. You'll have to get ahold of Reborn before you read Reprisal of course but I bet somebody else will join in and donate a paperback copy. Send me a PM and I'll send them out to you. Smile

Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** - Ken Valentine - 04-13-2008

Libby Wrote:I will see if my mom will let me use her credit card on ebay, though. Thanks for the tip!

Welcome to the board Libby!

One very good source for used books is abebooks.com.

Very good prices as well.

Ken V.

Bloodline/RJ series ***SPOILERS*** - Libby - 04-13-2008

Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:Shoot, I'll be happy to give you my copies of Reprisal and The Touch if you want. I have 2 copies of each. You'll have to get ahold of Reborn before you read Reprisal of course but I bet somebody else will join in and donate a paperback copy. Send me a PM and I'll send them out to you. Smile

Wow, you are really nice! I'd love them, but keep (no pun intended) in mind I live on the other side of the country. I will send you a private message with my P.O. box beacause I don't want it floating around on cyberspace for all to see.

And Ken V., thank you for the reference. I will see if I can get The Keep and Reborn there, and wait to read Nightworld as the last Jack book.Sad