RepairmanJack.com Forums
Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... (/thread-2782.html)

Pages: 1 2

Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... - NickelobLight - 04-01-2008

Of course I only discovered them sometime near the end of last year...Midnight Mass was actually the first FPW book I read. Then I started reading the RJ books with Criss Cross being my first one...it was kind of like walking into the middle of a conversation between two people I didn't know, but in a good way.

Just finished Bloodlines not too long ago. Thought it was good, but I'm anticipating By the Sword to be a monster novel. With everything that's been set up, I can't see it as being anything but stellar.

Anyway, that's mostly it. By the way, can anyone tell me where this sudden urge for everyone to read Black Wind came from? Is it new? Does By the Sword have something to do with it? My brother bought it online, and the next time I make a run down to Tampa to see him, (it's only about 120 miles or so away), I'll borrow it from him, but it seems...odd. Anyway, if someone could enlighten me it would be much appreciated.

Nice to be aboard.

Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... - mkmfpwfan - 04-01-2008

NickelobLight Wrote:Of course I only discovered them sometime near the end of last year...Midnight Mass was actually the first FPW book I read. Then I started reading the RJ books with Criss Cross being my first one...it was kind of like walking into the middle of a conversation between two people I didn't know, but in a good way.

Just finished Bloodlines not too long ago. Thought it was good, but I'm anticipating By the Sword to be a monster novel. With everything that's been set up, I can't see it as being anything but stellar.

Anyway, that's mostly it. By the way, can anyone tell me where this sudden urge for everyone to read Black Wind came from? Is it new? Does By the Sword have something to do with it? My brother bought it online, and the next time I make a run down to Tampa to see him, (it's only about 120 miles or so away), I'll borrow it from him, but it seems...odd. Anyway, if someone could enlighten me it would be much appreciated.

Nice to be aboard.

Welcome to the board. Not sure about the Black Wind phenomena, we have the book, but have not read it as of yet. But plann to get to it soon. Keri

Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... - Marc - 04-01-2008

Black Wind doesn't (didn't?) directly tie into the RJ series. But the Kakureta Kao cult from Black Wind is featured in the new RJ novel By the Sword.

Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... - NickelobLight - 04-01-2008

Marc B. Wrote:Black Wind doesn't (didn't?) directly tie into the RJ series. But the Kakureta Kao cult from Black Wind is featured in the new RJ novel By the Sword.

Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. And thanks for the welcome mkmfpwfan.

Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... - cobalt - 04-01-2008

Welcome to the board! Black Wind is one of the best single story books written by FPW, IMHO. We all have our favorites and Black Wind is one of mine. You'll have to let us know how you feel about the book after you read it.

Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... - Wapitikev - 04-01-2008

Marc B. Wrote:Black Wind doesn't (didn't?) directly tie into the RJ series. But the Kakureta Kao cult from Black Wind is featured in the new RJ novel By the Sword.

There is also a Black Wind reference in Legacies...

[roll over to see spoilers]

[spoiler]
...and don't forget that the Japanese agent that was shadowing Jack and the baddies in Legacies was working for Kaze Group, an extremely powerful and influential Japanese cabal. Black Wind, in Japanese, is Kurio Kaze...you can do the math.
[/spoiler]

I am sure that we'll see more from that group, as well as the Kakureta Kao, in By The Sword.

Black Wind was quite good and the Kurio Kaze and one of the methods whereby it can be created is certainly horrific. Definitely worth a read.

I recommend reading all of the books in the Paul's Secret History of the World section of the web-site...including the short story Demonsong...you'll find out the origin of Rasalom and many other veeery interersting things.

Link to Secret History of the World: http://www.repairmanjack.com/works.htm

-Wapitikev

Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... - Wapitikev - 04-01-2008

NickelobLight Wrote:Nice to be aboard.

Welcome NickelobeLight.

Tis better to be aboard than a board!

Love your sig.

Avast ye scurvy corporate swabs! Prepare to be boarded!!!

-Wapitikev

Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... - NickelobLight - 04-02-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:There is also a Black Wind reference in Legacies...

[roll over to see spoilers]

[spoiler]
...and don't forget that the Japanese agent that was shadowing Jack and the baddies in Legacies was working for Kaze Group, an extremely powerful and influential Japanese cabal. Black Wind, in Japanese, is Kurio Kaze...you can do the math.
[/spoiler]

I am sure that we'll see more from that group, as well as the Kakureta Kao, in By The Sword.

Black Wind was quite good and the Kurio Kaze and one of the methods whereby it can be created is certainly horrific. Definitely worth a read.

I recommend reading all of the books in the Paul's Secret History of the World section of the web-site...including the short story Demonsong...you'll find out the origin of Rasalom and many other veeery interersting things.

-Wapitikev

I appreciate the info. I also appreciate the love for my sig. It's been my signature on both the other forum where I'm a member, (a Buccaneers forum), and on my work e-mail for years. Oddly enough, nobody at work has called me out on it yet, and I work for the state of Florida! Anyway, I'm a Bucs fan, and I'm from Tampa-a city who's unofficial patron state is a historically questionable pirate named Jose Gaspar, in who's honor TWO parades are thrown a year. Yeah, pirates rule, ninjas suck.

Thanks for the welcoming committee ya'll.

Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... - Miskatonic & Gin - 04-04-2008

cobalt79 Wrote:Welcome to the board! Black Wind is one of the best single story books written by FPW, IMHO. We all have our favorites and Black Wind is one of mine. You'll have to let us know how you feel about the book after you read it.

Black Wind is my favorite FPW book and, after "The Stand", my favorite all time book. The term Epic doesn't do it justice.

Newbie here who has finally read all of the RJ books... - Schwinn160 - 04-07-2008

Miskatonic & Gin' Wrote:Black Wind is my favorite FPW book and, after "The Stand", my favorite all time book. The term Epic doesn't do it justice.

Two excellent books, and both of them definitely amazing. Smile