RepairmanJack.com Forums
Guilty Pleasures... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Guilty Pleasures... (/thread-277.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Guilty Pleasures... - ripper_bd - 07-31-2004

These are the movies that your friends hope you'll grow out of, that your family warn you about. The ones that you stay awake after your long-suffering partner has gone to bed for...
The movies that are bad for us, yet we watch them anyway!

Its time to take the first step (exhales deeply and stands..)
"I'm Ben and I'm addicted to bad movies" Sad

For me it was The Monster Squad that started it(the best way to describe it is 'The Goonies' vs. the Universal Monsters!!!), I saw it maybe 15 years ago and the love of bad movies was born within me. :p

Many others followed... Flesh Gordon, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Carnosaur, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Hell Comes to Frogtown(starring 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper!)... A rollercoaster ride of bad special effects and worse acting. I've got it under control now, I think..
Although, occasionally I still hear Humanoids From the Deep calling to me....

Think of this a support group to exorcise your B-movie demons, let me know of any good bad movies I may have missed.

For those who need extra help check out http://www.badmovies.org

Remember aproblem shared is a problem halved, you no longer have to suffer alone! Big Grin
-BD

Guilty Pleasures... - Kenji - 07-31-2004

ripper_bd Wrote:Its time to take the first step (exhales deeply and stands..)

"Hi, I'm Kenji and I'm addicted to bad movies..."

Quote:For me it was The Monster Squad that started it(the best way to describe it is 'The Goonies' vs. the Universal Monsters!!!), I saw it maybe 15 years ago and the love of bad movies was born within me. :p

For me it was Motel Hell that started it. I saw it maybe 20 or 21 years ago.

Quote:Think of this a support group to exorcise your B-movie demons, let me know of any good bad movies I may have missed.

Motel Hell was ultimate B-movie.(In this case, monsters were motel's manager. Sometimes, human is scarier than monster) When I saw it with my family, my parents were.......( :mad: ), and my mother did switch off the TV. A few years later, I saw it again alone. :p

Guilty Pleasures... - fpw - 07-31-2004

Maniac Cop 3. Can't help it. It's so over the top I love it. Have it on laserdisk(!?!?!?!?)

Guilty Pleasures... - Blake - 07-31-2004

Okay, time for me to step up to the plate: The Black Hole. One of the stupidest movies ever made. It's coming out in anamorphic DVD next week (on my birthday, no less), and I have to pick it up. I can't help it. Someone make it stop!!

And I'm sure there are more if I stop to think about them....

Blake

Guilty Pleasures... - Lisa - 07-31-2004

Maniac Cop 3 on laserdisk? HAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem.

I like horror comedy... e.g. horror that is funny on purpose. JACK FROST, LAKE PLACID, and DEEP RISING are favorites of mine. EVIL DEAD 2 and and BRAINDEAD aka DEAD ALIVE are probably the two most famous examples. And yes, I have all of these on DVD... but at least not on laserdisk. Big Grin I also love straight to video horror, scifi, and action movies, and my brother and I have shared a love of Godzilla flicks since we were kids.

Lisa (will watch anything with Clint Howard, Corey Haim, or Michael Madsen)

Guilty Pleasures... - Biggles - 07-31-2004

ripper_bd Wrote:These are the movies that your friends hope you'll grow out of, that your family warn you about. The ones that you stay awake after your long-suffering partner has gone to bed for...

For me it was The Monster Squad that started it(the best way to describe it is 'The Goonies' vs. the Universal Monsters!!!), I saw it maybe 15 years ago and the love of bad movies was born within me. :p

Many others followed... Flesh Gordon, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Carnosaur, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Hell Comes to Frogtown(starring 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper!)... A rollercoaster ride of bad special effects and worse acting. I've got it under control now, I think..

Think of this a support group to exorcise your B-movie demons, let me know of any good bad movies I may have missed.

Remember aproblem shared is a problem halved, you no longer have to suffer alone! Big Grin
-BD

I saw "Stone Cold" (starring former NFL linebacker Brian Bosworth) on VHS back in the early '90s. Stupid movie with good action, but its redeeming grace was Lance Henriksen, whom I remembered as the Satanic schoolmaster in "Damien-Omen II". He was my favorite actor in that movie, playing the leader of an outlaw biker gang. Any B-movie with him in it is worth watching.

He also played the heavy in a movie with Ice Cube called "Surviving the Game" where he hunted humans for sport, and who could forget his roles in the Alien movies.

ripper_bd Wrote:These are the movies that your friends hope you'll grow out of, that your family warn you about. The ones that you stay awake after your long-suffering partner has gone to bed for...

-BD

Maybe some of you guys can help me. I vaguely remember some horror flicks from my preteen years (had to be late '50s or early '60s vintage, since I saw them on TV) that I would like to acquire, but whose names escape me. I know one was set in the mountains, had huge eyes as the monsters, and starred Forrest Tucker. Another had monsters that looked like brains with spinal columns attached.

Some I do remember that I really liked:

Beginning of the End (giant grasshoppers attack Chicago)

Invaders from Mars

All the 50 foot/60 foot, man/woman/baby whatever movies

War of the Worlds

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Every Dracula movie starring Christopher Lee

The Abominable Doctor Phibes (and his return)

The Asphyx (really wierd and disturbing movie)

In all fairness, most of the above I wouldn't call "B" movies, many were "A"s to me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069738/plotsummary

Check this summary out if you're interested in The Asphyx. I do recommend renting it if you can find it.

Guilty Pleasures... - fpw - 07-31-2004

Biggles Wrote:I know one was set in the mountains, had huge eyes as the monsters, and starred Forrest Tucker.

That would be The Crawling Eye.

Biggles Wrote:Another had monsters that looked like brains with spinal columns attached.

It's right at the edge of my memory. I'll think of it.

fpw Wrote:That would be The Crawling Eye.

It's right at the edge of my memory. I'll think of it.

Eureka!!! Thank you! I'll have to find it at Amazon straight away.