RepairmanJack.com Forums
At The Mountains Of Madness - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: At The Mountains Of Madness (/thread-2664.html)

Pages: 1 2

At The Mountains Of Madness - bones weep tedium - 01-04-2008

IMDb Link

I'm sure it's entirely too early to get excited over this, and yet . . . :eek:

Cronos, The Devils Backbone, Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth. . . this guy's done some incredible movies, can't wait to see how he handles this! Hellboy has so much Lovecrafty references in it that he's a perfect choice to do this.

At The Mountains Of Madness - tenebroust - 01-04-2008

bones weep tedium Wrote:IMDb Link

Cronos, The Devils Backbone, Hellboy, Pan's Labyrinth. . . this guy's done some incredible movies, can't wait to see how he handles this! Hellboy has so much Lovecrafty references in it that he's a perfect choice to do this.

I, too, look forward wit hope to this movie. He has said in interviews that he has a grand vision for it and that he intends to do it right. Hopefully he'll succeed.

At The Mountains Of Madness - Sigokat - 01-04-2008

This is too strange...

I was in the DFAC this evening and while I was enjoying my flat salisbury steak and almost raw scallops potatoes I was talking to a friend about H.P. Lovecraft and At The Moutains of Madness...weird since this post is the first I have heard of a movie being made!!

My friend had never heard of Lovecraft since she's not a big fan of horror stories, but I was attempting to explain the Necronomicon, the Old Ones (also known as The Elders), Cthulu, and At The Mountains of Madness...

I just thought it was weird that I was talking about all this earlier this evening and now find out there is a movie being made.

I'm scared to go to bed now...

At The Mountains Of Madness - Kenji - 01-04-2008

bones weep tedium Wrote:IMDb Link

I agree! I'm looking forward to this and "Hellboy II". Smile

At The Mountains Of Madness - GeraldRice - 01-05-2008

Never heard of it, but I'll see it on the strength of Del Toro's reputation. And HBII previews make the first one look like its bitch.

At The Mountains Of Madness - Mick C. - 01-05-2008

Man, I can't wait to see this and Hellboy II.

I had the impression the first Hellboy didn't do well enough to support a live action sequel - now we've got the best of both worlds, animated and live action with the same casts...

At The Mountains Of Madness - RichE - 01-05-2008

And don't forget all-Sean Branney and his crew (who did the 2005 silent "THE CALL OF CTHULHU") are working on "WHISPERERS IN THE DARKNESS". More Lovecraft Please!

At The Mountains Of Madness - tenebroust - 01-06-2008

RichE Wrote:And don't forget all-Sean Branney and his crew (who did the 2005 silent "THE CALL OF CTHULHU") are working on "WHISPERERS IN THE DARKNESS". More Lovecraft Please!

This one is news to me! I loved the silent C of C, it was very faithful to the original and quite good. I gotta now look into Whisperers!!

At The Mountains Of Madness - Miskatonic & Gin - 01-06-2008

RichE Wrote:And don't forget all-Sean Branney and his crew (who did the 2005 silent "THE CALL OF CTHULHU") are working on "WHISPERERS IN THE DARKNESS". More Lovecraft Please!

I own that and it rocks. Very creepy and atmospheric.

At The Mountains Of Madness - Miskatonic & Gin - 01-06-2008

tenebroust Wrote:I, too, look forward wit hope to this movie. He has said in interviews that he has a grand vision for it and that he intends to do it right. Hopefully he'll succeed.

ATMOM will be VERY tough to pull off. But Guillermo is probably the only one that could do it so I'm very much looking forward to it. It's not a sure thing as of right now though. Here is a link to an interview with him from Ain't It Cool News in which he talks about ATMOM and Hellboy II among other things:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35142