RepairmanJack.com Forums
Catwoman - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Catwoman (/thread-263.html)

Pages: 1 2

Catwoman - Jay #1 - 07-28-2004

went and saw Bourn Supremacy Saturday. As I left, I heard several employees at the theatre saying that Catwoman was the one movie that has yet to be sold out. At least half the seats in each showing are empty.

Not that that's the reason why I'll never go see it, rent it, or buy it. I might be a guy, and have no problem with occasionally seeing a movie with a good looking woman or three in it... but I'm a fan of the Catwoman that has always been portrayed before this. You know, the one that wears an outfit that while showing she has some good attributes, hides them from view at the same time. It'd be something else entirely if Catwoman was always scantily clad throughout the whole entire comic book and tv series genre.

Combined with the fact that the previews didn't have enough plot for me to stay interested for more than a second, makes me hope the movie dies a quick death.

Catwoman - Terry Willacker - 07-28-2004

I saw Catwoman and liked it (her). I hope there is a Catwoman II. I never read the comic books though, so I don't have a loyalty to the original concept. It was not as good a movie as Spiderman I or II or I Robot. There were holes in the plot and the costume. Thanks to the latter, I didn't mind the former.

I remember the TV Batman series and Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt. So, I tend to think of them as Catwoman. I also think of Adam West as Batman. I didn't really like the Batman movies because they were not like Adam West's Batman. Again, I never read the comic books.

Catwoman - Marc - 07-28-2004

All the reviews I've read have not been kind. One reviewer even went so far as to say Halle Berry should have her Oscar taken away for doing this movie.

Catwoman - Scott Hajek - 07-28-2004

Marc B. Wrote:All the reviews I've read have not been kind. One reviewer even went so far as to say Hally Berry should have her Oscar taken away for doing this movie.

Ebert said there were three good things about this movie:
Halle Berry's Face
Halle Berry's Body
and Halle Berry's Costumes
Everything else was crap.

Catwoman - Terry Willacker - 07-28-2004

OK. It was no Gothika, but I still liked it.

Catwoman - Kenji - 07-29-2004

Scott Hajek Wrote:Ebert said there were three good things about this movie:
Halle Berry's Face
Halle Berry's Body
and Halle Berry's Costumes
Everything else was crap.

Yes! Everybody loves Halle Berry!!! Big Grin

Catwoman - Jay #1 - 07-29-2004

Ok, so she looks nice. You'd be surprised though, how many females in my town look as good or better. Granted it is on big screen.

Kenji Asakura Wrote:Yes! Everybody loves Halle Berry!!! Big Grin

Catwoman - Kenji - 07-30-2004

Jay #1 Wrote:You'd be surprised though, how many females in my town look as good or better.

Where is your town?

Catwoman - nonsun blob a - 07-30-2004

I always thought cat woman was a villain, so I'm pretty confused about this movie.

Catwoman - Jay #1 - 07-30-2004

Small city actually, in Tennessee

Kenji Asakura Wrote:Where is your town?