RepairmanJack.com Forums
Jack with Tats... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Jack with Tats... (/thread-262.html)

Pages: 1 2

Jack with Tats... - ripper_bd - 07-28-2004

Jack has toyed with the idea of piercings and tattoo as a kind of urban camoflage, anyone got any suggestions as to what he should have?
Obviously they'd have to be temporary but I thought he could get something tribal or an oriental dragon...
I've got a few...11... Anyone else got any? I'm a bit of an enthusiast. I love the art work and think a good tattooist is as much an artist as anyone.
And to think no-one believes me when I tell them I'm a librarian!
-BD

Jack with Tats... - nonsun blob a - 07-28-2004

a set of revolving doors.

Jack with Tats... - Richard Kendrick - 07-28-2004

A while before I ever saw "12 Monkeys" I had thought I might get a Bar Code on the back of my neck. After I saw Bruce Willis had one like that in that movie I never bothered. No tats here.

RIK

Jack with Tats... - Ken Valentine - 07-29-2004

Richard Kendrick Wrote:A while before I ever saw "12 Monkeys" I had thought I might get a Bar Code on the back of my neck. After I saw Bruce Willis had one like that in that movie I never bothered. No tats here.

RIK

I think tattoos are hideous.

And as far as pierced ears are concerned, I figure I have enough holes in my head already. Big Grin

Ken V.

Jack with Tats... - Richard Kendrick - 07-29-2004

Ken Valentine Wrote:I think tattoos are hideous.

And as far as pierced ears are concerned, I figure I have enough holes in my head already. Big Grin

Ken V.

Yeah, I really don't dig them either. When I was growing up my mom always told me that If I got a tattoo, or pierced my ears she would break my arm. She meant it too. She was a liberal woman but she did not like tats for some reason. My hair hanging all the way down to my ass was perfectly fine though.

RIK

Jack with Tats... - ripper_bd - 07-30-2004

Ken Valentine Wrote:I think tattoos are hideous.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but don't you think "hideous" is a bit strong? I've seen some that are less than attractive, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that.

The tattoo has been a part of world culture for thousands of years and I think it's a little unfair to dismiss it like that.

I understand that they are not everyone's cup of tea (sorry, that was a little British of me!) and I respect that. I apologise, I just had to get that off of my chest...

Rant over.
-BD

Jack with Tats... - Ken Valentine - 07-30-2004

ripper_bd Wrote:Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but don't you think "hideous" is a bit strong? I've seen some that are less than attractive, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that.

You're right, it's an opinion, and my opinion is that they are hideous. Which is why I will never get one. Just because I don't like them. Just because I don't want them, doesn't mean that YOU can't like them or want them.

This isn't a moral issue. This isn't a matter of right and wrong. This is a matter of TASTE.

Quote:The tattoo has been a part of world culture for thousands of years and I think it's a little unfair to dismiss it like that.

Slavery has been a part of world culture for thousands of years too . . . it still is. But slavery is a moral issue, tattoos aren't. Tattoos CAN become a moral issue, but only if some people try to force their views on others by forbidding them to have tattoos . . . or by forcing them to GET tattoos. And then we are getting into the issue of slavery. Because, when someone else can tell you what you may or may not do with your own body, they are de-facto claiming a property right in -- and ownership of -- your body. And I call that slavery. And I HATE slavery . . . and not just when I am enslaved, but when ANYBODY is enslaved.

I detest tattoos, but if somebody tries to tell you that you can't have them, then I'm firmly in your corner. It's your body . . . not theirs!

As long as you do not forcibly interfere with anyone else's right to live their life as they choose, no one has any business interfering with your right to live your life as you choose.

Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean that you can't do it.

Quote:I understand that they are not everyone's cup of tea (sorry, that was a little British of me!) and I respect that. I apologise, I just had to get that off of my chest...

Rant over.
-BD

Good rant BD.

NOW! Let's find an issue where we DO agree shall we? Big Grin

Ken V.

Jack with Tats... - KRW - 08-12-2004

ripper_bd Wrote:Jack has toyed with the idea of piercings and tattoo as a kind of urban camoflage, anyone got any suggestions as to what he should have?
Obviously they'd have to be temporary but I thought he could get something tribal or an oriental dragon...
I've got a few...11... Anyone else got any? I'm a bit of an enthusiast. I love the art work and think a good tattooist is as much an artist as anyone.
And to think no-one believes me when I tell them I'm a librarian!
-BD

If Jack got a tattoo it wouldn't be visible, it's to easy to identafy a person
by a tattoo. But if he did, it would be of a Semmerling in the small of his back, or on his leg , where he liked to carry it.

KRW

Jack with Tats... - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 08-15-2004

KRW Wrote:If Jack got a tattoo it wouldn't be visible, it's to easy to identafy a person
by a tattoo. But if he did, it would be of a Semmerling in the small of his back, or on his leg , where he liked to carry it.

KRW

In the opening of THE HAUNTED AIR, don't Jack and Gia discuss an appropriate tattoo for Jack? As I recall, their ideas were, were, well, quite dissimilar.

Jack with Tats... - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 08-15-2004

Ken Valentine Wrote:You're right, it's an opinion, and my opinion is that they are hideous. Which is why I will never get one. Just because I don't like them. Just because I don't want them, doesn't mean that YOU can't like them or want them.

This isn't a moral issue. This isn't a matter of right and wrong. This is a matter of TASTE.

Slavery has been a part of world culture for thousands of years too . . . it still is. But slavery is a moral issue, tattoos aren't. Tattoos CAN become a moral issue, but only if some people try to force their views on others by forbidding them to have tattoos . . . or by forcing them to GET tattoos. And then we are getting into the issue of slavery. Because, when someone else can tell you what you may or may not do with your own body, they are de-facto claiming a property right in -- and ownership of -- your body. And I call that slavery. And I HATE slavery . . . and not just when I am enslaved, but when ANYBODY is enslaved.

I detest tattoos, but if somebody tries to tell you that you can't have them, then I'm firmly in your corner. It's your body . . . not theirs!

As long as you do not forcibly interfere with anyone else's right to live their life as they choose, no one has any business interfering with your right to live your life as you choose.

Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean that you can't do it.

Good rant BD.

NOW! Let's find an issue where we DO agree shall we? Big Grin

Ken V.

Dadburnit, Ken--you mean I didn't =have= to get that 666-barcode tat on my forehead? Well, I'll be a ...