RepairmanJack.com Forums
Reprisal - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Reprisal (/thread-2353.html)

Reprisal - IrishKKC - 05-31-2007

I have been searching every single used bookstore in my area for Reprisal. I have read all RJ's except Bloodline and All Adversary Cycle except Reprisal and Nightworld. I tried to get Reprisal off of the internet but it went for anywhere between $10-$25 and I am a cheap youngin so I started a journey and it ended today. I left the house at one o'clock and went to three different stores called the Book Nook. The closest one I came up short but I did find another Wilson book called Black Wind. Anyone heard of it? Wink So I got that and set off to the next Book Nook which was kinda far but not really. They did not have 1 single F. Paul Wilson book. It was blasphemous. So after wandering around the store aimlessly wondering why they did not have one Wilson book, I set off to my next destination which was on hour away. The third and final Book Nook. And in the horror section, there it was. So I just got back and the time is 540. 4 and a half hours but I now am a proud owner of Reprisal. I can expect good things and I had to hide the smile from my face when the cashier rang up the book and I gladly paid $2.55. God I love used book stores.

Reprisal - Dave F - 05-31-2007

IrishKKC Wrote:I have been searching every single used bookstore in my area for Reprisal. I have read all RJ's except Bloodline and All Adversary Cycle except Reprisal and Nightworld. I tried to get Reprisal off of the internet but it went for anywhere between $10-$25 and I am a cheap youngin so I started a journey and it ended today. I left the house at one o'clock and went to three different stores called the Book Nook. The closest one I came up short but I did find another Wilson book called Black Wind. Anyone heard of it? Wink So I got that and set off to the next Book Nook which was kinda far but not really. They did not have 1 single F. Paul Wilson book. It was blasphemous. So after wandering around the store aimlessly wondering why they did not have one Wilson book, I set off to my next destination which was on hour away. The third and final Book Nook. And in the horror section, there it was. So I just got back and the time is 540. 4 and a half hours but I now am a proud owner of Reprisal. I can expect good things and I had to hide the smile from my face when the cashier rang up the book and I gladly paid $2.55. God I love used book stores.

Black wind is an awesome book

Probably the best non RJ book FPW has written, tho' others will of course tell you differentWink

It is about to be released in limited hard back

Hope you enjoy reprisal, anoher great book IMHO

Reprisal - Tony H - 05-31-2007

Black Wind is hands down the best book I have ever read. The scope of that story is amazing. It spans continents and years and is both beautiful and haunting. You will LOVE it. You have no choice in the matter.

Reprisal - cobalt - 05-31-2007

Good hunting with great results! You'll love Black Wind. Hands down....one of my favorites.

Reprisal - Miskatonic & Gin - 05-31-2007

Black Wind:

My favorite FPW book by far and always slugging it out with The Stand for my all-time favorite book.

Reprisal - Scott Miller - 06-01-2007

I'll echo the sentiments of the previous posters comments on Black Wind; the best book I've had the pleasure to read. But let's not overlook the primary focus of your hunt; Reprisal is a damn fine book in its own right and if you consider it along with The Keep, Reborn, & Nightworld,(The Tomb & The Touch are more peripheral IMO), you have the greatest story ever told. Anyway you slice it, your time was exceptionally well spent.

Reprisal - phoenix rising - 06-01-2007

I have a copy of Reprisal, well worn and read, the pages are yellowed with age,but it still has all the pages if you are interested PM me and I can get it your way. I am rebuilding my collection and am willing to part with it only because I found all the books are on Amazon for reasonable prices, most under $8, though Reprisal is around $18.