RepairmanJack.com Forums
Itsy-Bitsy Spider - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Itsy-Bitsy Spider (/thread-2339.html)

Itsy-Bitsy Spider - Scott Miller - 05-22-2007

I just read the "Itsy -Bitsy Spider" to my son last night as part of my ongoing program to seek out fantastic literature,he was a bit creeped out-YES!-and he wanted to know how much Megan assisted you with the writing of the story.

Itsy-Bitsy Spider - fpw - 05-22-2007

Scott Miller Wrote:I just read the "Itsy -Bitsy Spider" to my son last night as part of my ongoing program to seek out fantastic literature,he was a bit creeped out-YES!-and he wanted to know how much Megan assisted you with the writing of the story.
[SIZE="3"]The story arose out of Meggan's arachnophobia -- spiders really creep her out. So I said, let's use that. We outlined it, using whatever she found most disgusting. We decided to open in media res -- the spiders are here, they're not going away, so how do people cope? -- and use the boy and his mother as the microcosm. She wrote the first half and I the second. Then I polished to even out the styles.

I thinks it's the only story in the book even remotely scary. [/SIZE]

Itsy-Bitsy Spider - Scott Miller - 05-22-2007

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]The story arose out of Meggan's arachnophobia -- spiders really creep her out. So I said, let's use that. We outlined it, using whatever she found most disgusting. We decided to open in media res -- the spiders are here, they're not going away, so how do people cope? -- and use the boy and his mother as the microcosm. She wrote the first half and I the second. Then I polished to even out the styles.

Which book is that-the authors and daughters/sons? That is where I first read the story years ago, but it was the only story I read from the entire anthology. The story I read last night I found in Shivers III.

So is Meggan considering writing as potential future occupation?

And it was scary, I should have mentioned that Caleb wasn't the only one creeped out; I'm a bit of an arachnophobe myself and egg sacs have to be the grossest thing known to man.

Itsy-Bitsy Spider - fpw - 05-22-2007

Scott Miller Wrote:Which book is that-the authors and daughters/sons? That is where I first read the story years ago, but it was the only story I read from the entire anthology. .
[SIZE="3"]That's the one.[/SIZE]

Itsy-Bitsy Spider - Biggles - 05-23-2007

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]The story arose out of Meggan's arachnophobia -- spiders really creep her out. So I said, let's use that. We outlined it, using whatever she found most disgusting. We decided to open in media res -- the spiders are here, they're not going away, so how do people cope? -- and use the boy and his mother as the microcosm. She wrote the first half and I the second. Then I polished to even out the styles.

That was a great story. I wanted Mrs. Biggles to read it, but she wouldn't. Smile