RepairmanJack.com Forums
Repairman Jack Question - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Repairman Jack Question (/thread-231.html)

Pages: 1 2

Repairman Jack Question - MD1995 - 07-10-2004

Hi,
I am new to this board and new to F. Paul Wilson. I am going to start the Tomb, the first of the Repairman Jack series. I just would like to know about the rest of the series, is it recommended to read the series in order or could you bounce around between each novel? Very excited to start though and look forward to reading what others have to say on this board! Big Grin

Repairman Jack Question - Scott Hajek - 07-10-2004

MD1995 Wrote:Hi,
I am new to this board and new to F. Paul Wilson. I am going to start the Tomb, the first of the Repairman Jack series. I just would like to know about the rest of the series, is it recommended to read the series in order or could you bounce around between each novel? Very excited to start though and look forward to reading what others have to say on this board! Big Grin
I would recommend reading them in order, but if you can't find one, don't wait -- just keep reading. And don't forget the other 5 books in the AC.

Oh, yeah, welcome to the board! I hope you find your stay quite enjoyable.

Repairman Jack Question - Ken Valentine - 07-10-2004

MD1995 Wrote:Hi,

What Scott said. Big Grin

They ARE best read in order.

F'r instance, a minor character in Gateways plays a major role in Crisscross. And another character in Crisscross is mentioned in Haunted Air.

There are things like that all throughout the series. Not just with characters, but with things like: "That incident last summer."

But as Scott said, if you can't read them in order, don't let that stop you. If you are like me, you'll read them all over again anyway.

And Welcome to the board.

Ken V.

Repairman Jack Question - Noelie - 07-11-2004

Time for my standard message to people who are just beginning to read the books: Read The Keep. Just do it. Even if you don't read the other AC books right away, read The Keep. Things will make a lot more sense if you do. Wink

Repairman Jack Question - nonsun blob a - 07-11-2004

Noelie Wrote:Time for my standard message to people who are just beginning to read the books: Read The Keep. Just do it. Even if you don't read the other AC books right away, read The Keep. Things will make a lot more sense if you do. Wink

i agree 100%.

Repairman Jack Question - Nietzsche Pops - 07-11-2004

I read Conspiracies first. Then went back and read The Tomb. All the others I have read in order. I didn't notice a lack of enjoyment for having skipped around, but for continuity's sake, it would probably be better to read them in order. If you've got one out of order and think you should wait to get the others...don't. You'll just be denying yourself a good read.

Repairman Jack Question - jimbow8 - 07-11-2004

Nietzsche Pops Wrote:I read Conspiracies first. Then went back and read The Tomb. All the others I have read in order. I didn't notice a lack of enjoyment for having skipped around, but for continuity's sake, it would probably be better to read them in order. If you've got one out of order and think you should wait to get the others...don't. You'll just be denying yourself a good read.
Unfortunately, I don't believe that the Tomb can have the full effect now that it had when it was first published. I will always be glad that I read the Tomb before the rest existed.

Repairman Jack Question - SDSwami - 07-11-2004

I read Reborn first. I came across Reborn right after if came out in paperback and didn't put it down until I was finished with it. I'm not sure what order I read them in after that between The Tomb, The Touch, and The Keep. Everything after that I have read shortly after they came out and have been strongly addicted since Big Grin

Repairman Jack Question - XiaoYu - 07-12-2004

I read Legacies first, the 2nd book, and what's great about these RJ novels is that they are pretty standalone even if you haven't read previous ones. Though I had a very different impression of Jack after Legacies, and was surprised at the amount of supernatural in all the other novels at first, before I realized what types of novels Mr. Wilson likes to write. As everyone said, there are cool connections between them all, so if you can read them in order, it's that much more interesting.

Repairman Jack Question - MD1995 - 07-13-2004

Thanks for the tips! Just started the Tomb. I did notice that the book store I went does not carry all of his books, so I will see which I will read next. Thanks!