RepairmanJack.com Forums
Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) (/thread-215.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Barry Lee Dejasu - 07-04-2004

What were some of the best scary scenes in FPW's fiction?

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Barry Lee Dejasu - 07-04-2004

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:What were some of the best scary scenes in FPW's fiction?
Just look at all the scenes where the lights inside the Keep began turning off...and then there was a faint clatter of metal...and when the lights turned on, the men were dead.

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:What were some of the best scary scenes in FPW's fiction?
When the guy who stole the necklace was in the hospital, and he sees the yellow eyes outside his window? Woof. Even before the rakosh smashed its claw in to grab him, I was creeped out.

Also, remember when the mother rakosh was dressed as an old woman? Yowza, when it tore out of the clothes...I could just see that moment in the movie. It would--will--be so nightmarish.

That whole bit with the painting's still looking wet, and when Jack dips his finger into the paint...and something seemed to hurt his finger...

...I'm still trying to figure that one out, but boy it sure worked.

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - jimbow8 - 07-04-2004

Being trapped in your own mind with no control of your body in both Sibs and The Select

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Noelie - 07-04-2004

This isn't a scene, as such, but....

Something is murdering my men.

still gives me chills. I have never read one line in a book that conveyed so much.

Noelie Wrote:This isn't a scene, as such, but....

Something is murdering my men.

still gives me chills. I have never read one line in a book that conveyed so much.

I have; same book, different line: "The horror had begun."

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - SDSwami - 07-04-2004

The one scene that really comes to mind is when Jack is in the basement caught in the whirlpool of blood along with him seeing the crosses on the wall.

Another scene that wasn't exeactly scary but definately made me cringe was in The Select during the scene where he rips the catheter out of himself and FPW's description of it feeling like tearing barbed wire out. (BTW, I just noticed that The Select isn't listed on the "Books" page of the website along with Sibs. You trying to disown them FPW?)

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - Animagess - 07-04-2004

The painting scene in HA was marvelous, but the scariest scene (well, concept anyway) would have to be the horrific practice of cutting one off from all physical sensations in Black Wind. And on babies, no less. Shivers up my spine. It almost made me curious- what would happen if you were cut off from all your five senses in that way?

Scariest Scenes in FPW Works? (SPOILERS ABOUND FOR MANY WORKS) - fpw - 07-04-2004

I'm reading this little stroll down memory lane and thinking, jeez, I'm one sick dude.