RepairmanJack.com Forums
Code Name: The Cleaner - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Code Name: The Cleaner (/thread-2131.html)

Pages: 1 2

Code Name: The Cleaner - fpw - 01-05-2007

[SIZE="3"]What a great, killer opening for the NYT's review:

"Vlad the Impaler was presumably expected to impale someone now and then. Bob the Builder would be demoted to mere Bob if he didn’t occasionally build something. This should concern Cedric the Entertainer..."[/SIZE]

Code Name: The Cleaner - Auskar - 01-05-2007

God, I'm slow. It took me a while to catch on. "Cedric is supposed to be a janitor in this movie," I was thinking (I do a monthly synopsis of upcoming movies, so I generally know what is coming up). What are they saying? Doesn't he clean anything? Is it that important? "I don't get it."

Then I realized that perhaps Cedric doesn't entertain.

Duh.

...I've never seen a Cedric the Entertainer movie.

Code Name: The Cleaner - Maggers - 01-05-2007

Auskar Wrote:God, I'm slow. It took me a while to catch on. "Cedric is supposed to be a janitor in this movie," I was thinking (I do a monthly synopsis of upcoming movies, so I generally know what is coming up). What are they saying? Doesn't he clean anything? Is it that important? "I don't get it."

Then I realized that perhaps Cedric doesn't entertain.

Duh.

...I've never seen a Cedric the Entertainer movie.

OK, since you fessed up, I will, too. I had to read the post a few times before I got the gist. I don't know anything about the film or Cedric's role in it, but it took me awhile to get that Cedric doesn't entertain. Rolleyes

Code Name: The Cleaner - Auskar - 01-05-2007

It reminded me of some "deep thoughts"...(for example).

If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy.

http://snl.jt.org/deep/

Code Name: The Cleaner - jimbow8 - 01-05-2007

I kept waiting for The Mechanic to repair someone's car, but it never happened.:confused:

Code Name: The Cleaner - Noelie - 01-06-2007

I like Cedric the Entertainer. Sad

Code Name: The Cleaner - Biggles - 01-06-2007

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]What a great, killer opening for the NYT's review:

"Vlad the Impaler was presumably expected to impale someone now and then. Bob the Builder would be demoted to mere Bob if he didn’t occasionally build something. This should concern Cedric the Entertainer..."[/SIZE]

Saw it last night with my wife (the show we wanted to see was sold out). I thought it was hilarious, and would still have liked it even without Lucy Liu and Nicolette Sheridan Big Grin . My wife tolerated it.

Code Name: The Cleaner - Biggles - 01-06-2007

Noelie Wrote:I like Cedric the Entertainer. Sad

I do too, although I've only seen him in this movie and in TV ads. I thought he was very likeable in this flick. If I were having a Super Bowl party, he'd be invited!

Code Name: The Cleaner - saynomore - 01-06-2007

Add Cedric to that list of great comics who have chosen "poor" movies to display their talent. Richard Pryor, Chevy Chase, etc. never really picked movies to match their talent.

AC

P.S. Exceptions IMHO would be Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler (though some of their movies are hit and miss.)

Code Name: The Cleaner - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-07-2007

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]What a great, killer opening for the NYT's review:

Aw, that's just mean. When has the NYT critic shown his stuff on screen? Unless you've =done= what you presume to criticize ( like Spider Robinson's old book reviews in ANALOG), I can't take you seriously.