RepairmanJack.com Forums
Black Rain - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Black Rain (/thread-2030.html)

Pages: 1 2

Black Rain - Kenji - 11-17-2006

If you are Ridley Scott fan, I'm sure everybody saw "Black Rain".

Yesterday I bought DVD: Black Rain 2-Disc Special Edition, and I saw it last night. What a great movie! 17 years ago I saw it in a theatre, but when I saw it last night again, I realized one great actor was in the movie. Michael Douglas? Andy Garcia? No. I mean, they are great actors too, but I'm talking about Yusaku Matsuda as Sato.Yusaku Matsuda was Japanese famous actor. He died by cancer. While they were filming this movie, he had cancer already. But he kept it secret. After that he's gone. I miss him now.

Also, I was surprised how Ridley Scott filmed in Osaka. Osaka looks different city, like he did it in Blade Runner.

This is in Top 5 in Ridley Scott's movies to me.

Black Rain - Mark S. - 11-17-2006

I saw it ages and ages ago. I remember being not particularly moved one way or the other. I didn't hate the movie, but I don't remember loving it.

Is the 2-disc edition of the movie different from the theatrical release at all?

Black Rain - Kenji - 11-18-2006

Mark S. Wrote:Is the 2-disc edition of the movie different from the theatrical release at all?

Whole movie is theatrical release version. Also, in disc-1, contents are interview with director, actors, actress. Making of Black Rain.

In disc-2, contents are interview with actors, interview with fans, Yusaku Matsuda's audition film, and photo gallery.

Black Rain - Blake - 11-18-2006

Thanks for the tip, Kenji. I'll have to see if there's an American release. I really like this movie, although I haven't seen it in a long time. It's one of those movies that grows on me with repeat viewings, and I have a hard time skipping past it if it's on one of the cable channels.

Blake

Black Rain - XamberB - 11-18-2006

Kenji Wrote:If you are Ridley Scott fan, I'm sure everybody saw "Black Rain".

This is in Top 5 in Ridley Scott's movies to me.

I'll try it, Kenji. You always have good suggestions. I saw way too much of Michael Douglas in Basic Instinct. :eek: I liked him before that.

Black Rain - Kenji - 11-18-2006

XamberB Wrote:I'll try it, Kenji. You always have good suggestions. I saw way too much of Michael Douglas in Basic Instinct. :eek: I liked him before that.

Well, after "Basic Instinct", he performed in good movies. "The American President", "The Game", "Traffic", "Don't Say a Word", and latest film "The Sentinel".

But "Black Rain" is special movie to me. He and Ridley Scott came to Japan and they made "Black Rain".

Black Rain - XamberB - 11-19-2006

Kenji Wrote:Well, after "Basic Instinct", he performed in good movies. "The American President", "The Game", "Traffic", "Don't Say a Word", and latest film "The Sentinel".

But "Black Rain" is special movie to me. He and Ridley Scott came to Japan and they made "Black Rain".

That's my problem - I didn't see any of his movies after Basic Instinct -- I got embarrassed for him every time I looked at him. I think you would call it overexposure. I even stopped watching the Romancing the Stone movies which used to be among my favorites. I'll try again. Maybe NetFlix has Black Rain.

Black Rain - cobalt - 11-19-2006

I think I remember this one. Two detectives in Japan, if I recall. I did like this movie.

Black Rain - law dawg - 11-19-2006

Kenji Wrote:Well, after "Basic Instinct", he performed in good movies. "The American President", "The Game", "Traffic", "Don't Say a Word", and latest film "The Sentinel".

LOVED Black Rain. Loved it.

Black Rain - Kenji - 11-20-2006

XamberB Wrote:That's my problem - I didn't see any of his movies after Basic Instinct -- I got embarrassed for him every time I looked at him. I think you would call it overexposure. I even stopped watching the Romancing the Stone movies which used to be among my favorites. I'll try again. Maybe NetFlix has Black Rain.

Overexposure? LOL! Don't worry about it. In Black Rain, Michael Douglas wear black leather jacket. Big Grin