RepairmanJack.com Forums
YA Jack series - HELP - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: YA Jack series - HELP (/thread-1701.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

YA Jack series - HELP - fpw - 06-03-2006

[SIZE="3"]Here's another sort of name game. You all came up with great title suggestions for what eventually became Harbingers. See if you can help me here.

I need a title for the YA Repairman Jack series. It can't include "Repairman" because at 14 he wasn't in the fix-it business. (Yes, he'll get involved in fixing a situation in each book, but he won't see it as part of who he is.)

Because the big arc of the series will be self-discovery -- Jack learning about himself (and the reader learning about Jack) -- as he experiences the events of the novels, "You Don't Know Jack" and "Nobody Knows Jack" have been floated. There might be trademark issues with the first. They're okay and might work, but if one of you can come up with something that smacks us* between the eyes, we'll use it.

Not only that, I'll name a character after the winner.

Remember: this is a name for the series. Each novel will have a separate title.

This board is peopled by a plethora of creative minds. I trust you'll come up with something great.

*(It won't be my decision alone. The title of the series is deemed so important that the editor, the YA division director, and the marketing people will have their say as well.)
[/SIZE]

YA Jack series - HELP - Kenji - 06-03-2006

How about......

[SIZE="5"]Jack; No identity guy[/SIZE]

[SIZE="5"]Jack;Unidentified guy[/SIZE]

YA Jack series - HELP - Tempest - 06-03-2006

Being a fan of the You Don't Know Jack trivia game series, why not go with Jack Attack? Get a great action shot for each cover showing him doing his fix-it thing, and you'd bring in the YA's by the 1000's Smile

YA Jack series - HELP - cobalt - 06-03-2006

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Here's another sort of name game. You all came up with great title suggestions for what eventually became Harbingers. See if you can help me here.

I need a title for the YA Repairman Jack series. It can't include "Repairman" because at 14 he wasn't in the fix-it business. (Yes, he'll get involved in fixing a situation in each book, but he won't see it as part of who he is.)

Because the big arc of the series will be self-discovery -- Jack learning about himself (and the reader learning about Jack) -- as he experiences the events of the novels, "You Don't Know Jack" and "Nobody Knows Jack" have been floated. There might be trademark issues with the first. They're okay and might work, but if one of you can come up with something that smacks us* between the eyes, we'll use it.

Not only that, I'll name a character after the winner.

Remember: this is a name for the series. Each novel will have a separate title.

This board is peopled by a plethora of creative minds. I trust you'll come up with something great.

*(It won't be my decision alone. The title of the series is deemed so important that the editor, the YA division director, and the marketing people will have their say as well.)
[/SIZE]
I just love a challenge! After speaking with you on 6/1, I started to think about what helped to create Jack, what helped to guide him to where he is now. If Jack is the spear, what formed him? He has anger that he reins in (sometimes), passions and most of all pain. He was molded, fashioned, manufactured, tempered and forged. He's reluctantly been shoved and reached an epiphany............to reach his "paid vigilante" state. What could be the result? I thought...."Crescendo"......the devasting result of a series of unfortunate events. A bunch of little things, that just push Jack OVER THE EDGE. Since crescendo usually means something with increasing volume, I chose to look at the word from the old medico perspective. Slowly increasing in intensity, until the devasting event happens.
This is neat! I can't wait to see what others come up with! Big Grin

YA Jack series - HELP - Maggers - 06-03-2006

Not sure this would stand for the entire series, but may make a title for an individual book.

Catapult

YA Jack series - HELP - Scott Miller - 06-03-2006

All right!
The Journey of Jack
Jack's Journeys
Juvenile Jack
Jersey Jack

YA Jack series - HELP - APhew - 06-03-2006

Okay, this one is hokey, I know:

J ustice
A dventure or Action
C onflict or Combat
K nowledge

or

Journeyman Jack

Amateur Jack

Apprentice Jack

YA Jack series - HELP - Kenji - 06-03-2006

[SIZE="3"]Street Smart Jack[/SIZE]

YA Jack series - HELP - Marc - 06-03-2006

I like Mike's idea of Journeyman Jack (though it does make one think of Orson Scott Card's series Alvin Journeyman... sorry Mike).

Here are some ideas:

The Tales of Jack
Jack of all Trades
Young Jack (aka YJ)

YA Jack series - HELP - Scott Miller - 06-03-2006

Marc B. Wrote:I like Mike's idea of Journeyman Jack (though it does make one think of Orson Scott Card's series Alvin Journeyman... sorry Mike).

Here are some ideas:

The Tales of Jack
Jack of all Trades
Young Jack (aka YJ)

I like Jack of all Trades.

The Judge and Jury with an optional Jack.