RepairmanJack.com Forums
Sims-thoughts and questions- - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Sims-thoughts and questions- (/thread-1429.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sims-thoughts and questions- - Kenji - 01-08-2006

Now...time is 1:27am. Just now finished Sims! Big Grin

Great story, and very thick book! This book reminded me why I like F. Paul Wilson so much. And I got why Brian Lumley said "Sims is...disquieting, and I'm gald it's only fiction.....This is must-read". Yes, this story is a fiction, but really it is? I'm not sure..Maybe some company somewhere in the world is toying with the chimp genome! :eek: ......Anyway, I loved this book. I enjoyed it a lot. This is a best science thriller I read lately. Sometimes I used dictionary(a lot of difficult words!), but I could read it. Characters were also fascinating! Patrick Sullivan, Romy Cadman, Zero, Tome, Kek, and Meerm. Especially Zero was cool.

I have a few questions. Maybe those are spoilers.

*****Spoilers*****

1, Has "Kaze Group" relations with Black Wind?

2, Tome, Meerm, Beece, Una...ect, what is the origin of Sim's names?

3, At the last, Voss said "At least they don't live too long". Why? Their life is short? Or because they can't live without a company?

4, After I read it, I really thought Fusosha should publish Japanese edition. Have they plan to publish? I wish Japanese readers get this Japanese edition and read.

Sims-thoughts and questions- - fpw - 01-08-2006

Kenji Wrote:I have a few questions. Maybe those are spoilers.

*****Spoilers*****

1, Has "Kaze Group" relations with Black Wind?

2, Tome, Meerm, Beece, Una...ect, what is the origin of Sim's names?

3, At the last, Voss said "At least they don't live too long". Why? Their life is short? Or because they can't live without a company?

4, After I read it, I really thought Fusosha should publish Japanese edition. Have they plan to publish? I wish Japanese readers get this Japanese edition and read.

1. -- no, but related to Masque and Legacies.

2. -- Just made them up -- all except Meerm, which was a slurred form of Miriam...for reasons I hope are obvious after finishing the book.

3. -- a side effect of the gene manipulation

4. -- Fusosha has expressed no interest yet.

Thanks for the answers, Paul. Smile

fpw Wrote:1. -- no, but related to Masque and Legacies.

I've read "Legacies" a long time ago, but I haven't read "Masque" yet. It's interesting. Is it also Arata-jinruien Corporation? In the "Sims", according to Zero, Arata-jinruien Corporation is a division of Kaze Group, so I thought Yoshi Hirata was a remnant of Black Wind....just I imagined so.

Quote:2. -- Just made them up -- all except Meerm, which was a slurred form of Miriam...for reasons I hope are obvious after finishing the book.

I think I did an oversight. Who is Miriam? Is That character's name in your other books?

Quote:3. -- a side effect of the gene manipulation

I got it.

Quote:4. -- Fusosha has expressed no interest yet.

You said "yet". You mean, at least they are not refusing the publishing "yet", right? There is still hope? Smile If they refuse it, I will claim the publishing to them.

Sims-thoughts and questions- - Maggers - 01-08-2006

Miriam is an important person in the Old Testament of the Bible. While Moses lead the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt (the Exodus), Miriam also played a prominent role in the Exodus and during the years of wandering in the desert. Unfortunately, I don't think she lived to see the Promised Land.

Maggers Wrote:Miriam is an important person in the Old Testament of the Bible. While Moses lead the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt (the Exodus), Miriam also played a prominent role in the Exodus and during the years of wandering in the desert. Unfortunately, I don't think she lived to see the Promised Land.

Ah! I got it. Thanks for explanation, Maggers. I've never read Bible....

So...Miriam is Meerm, then, Tome is Moses?

Sims-thoughts and questions- - fpw - 01-09-2006

True, but not what I was referencing. I have it on good authority that in the original texts of the New Testament the Virgin Mary's name was Miriam. There was no "Mary" in the Judeo-Arabic language.

See what I was getting at?

Sims-thoughts and questions- - Kenji - 01-09-2006

fpw Wrote:True, but not what I was referencing. I have it on good authority that in the original texts of the New Testament the Virgin Mary's name was Miriam. There was no "Mary" in the Judeo-Arabic language.

See what I was getting at?

You know, that's why I like this board. Everyday, every time, I get new discovery. Thanks for details. I've never imagined that "Sims" is so deep.

Sims-thoughts and questions- - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-09-2006

Kenji Wrote:You know, that's why I like this board. Everyday, every time, I get new discovery. Thanks for details. I've never imagined that "Sims" is so deep.

Paul's a crafty hombre all right, Kenji. In CONSPIRACIES, he mentioned the New York Fortean Society (sadly defunct). As I glory in membership number 1 and-a-half of that advanced-thinking crew, I asked Paul how he happened to know about us. Did he ever attend a meeting? Does he know John Keel?He replied, just basic research. (Though why he connected our good name with some nut-job groups, I will =never= understand.) :mad:

Sims-thoughts and questions- - KRW - 01-09-2006

Kenji Wrote:You know, that's why I like this board. Everyday, every time, I get new discovery. Thanks for details. I've never imagined that "Sims" is so deep.

You know Kenji, I've never given it much thought. Why do I like a writer? Usually it's the story that carries it, at least I used to think. I've been learning alot from this board also. It's not the story, but how it's told. So many things I didn't realize. Sometimes I feel like Qwie Chang Kane trying to walk across rice paper. Wink

KRW

Sims-thoughts and questions- - Kenji - 01-10-2006

KRW Wrote:You know Kenji, I've never given it much thought. Why do I like a writer? Usually it's the story that carries it, at least I used to think. I've been learning alot from this board also. It's not the story, but how it's told. So many things I didn't realize. Sometimes I feel like Qwie Chang Kane trying to walk across rice paper. Wink

KRW

You know Ken,........well, ah.........who is Qwie Chang Kane??? :confused: