RepairmanJack.com Forums
New Comic Book movies! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: New Comic Book movies! (/thread-127.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Comic Book movies! - Gerald Rice - 05-27-2004

My brain is chocked full of new comic book movies upcoming. I like to cruise imdb every now and then and I came across Blade 3: Trinity. I have to say, the plot is very good and it =WILL= be the last. It's written by the same guy who wrote the other two and he's directing this time. That's going to be out later this year. Ghost Rider will be out next year with Nic Cage as our anti-hero hero. Then there is Sin City. I just about gooed on myself when I read this. It's a little bit weird that Mickey Rourke was cast as Marv, but I think it'll work. He's only 5'11", but a good director can make him LOOK huge. Anybody think his face is a little TOO tight-looking?

New Comic Book movies! - Bastard - 05-28-2004

Gerald Rice Wrote:My brain is chocked full of new comic book movies upcoming. I like to cruise imdb every now and then and I came across Blade 3: Trinity. I have to say, the plot is very good and it =WILL= be the last. It's written by the same guy who wrote the other two and he's directing this time. That's going to be out later this year. Ghost Rider will be out next year with Nic Cage as our anti-hero hero. Then there is Sin City. I just about gooed on myself when I read this. It's a little bit weird that Mickey Rourke was cast as Marv, but I think it'll work. He's only 5'11", but a good director can make him LOOK huge. Anybody think his face is a little TOO tight-looking?

Yeah, definitely looking forward to those movies. A little bummed though, because both Snipes and Kristopherson have been looking forward to killing off Whistler (for real, in the last movie) for a long time. I could give or take Nick Cage as the main character in Ghost Rider but I have faith that he won't disappoint. As far as Sin City goes, I think that--given the artistic stylings of the great Frank Miller--ANYONE would have too tight-looking of a face for Marv.

--Jake

New Comic Book movies! - Kenji - 05-29-2004

Gerald Rice Wrote:My brain is chocked full of new comic book movies upcoming. I like to cruise imdb every now and then and I came across Blade 3: Trinity. I have to say, the plot is very good and it =WILL= be the last. It's written by the same guy who wrote the other two and he's directing this time. That's going to be out later this year. Ghost Rider will be out next year with Nic Cage as our anti-hero hero. Then there is Sin City. I just about gooed on myself when I read this. It's a little bit weird that Mickey Rourke was cast as Marv, but I think it'll work. He's only 5'11", but a good director can make him LOOK huge. Anybody think his face is a little TOO tight-looking?

WOW! I like Blade series! Smile

I like American comics. I have a lot of X-Men(Japanese edition). Of course, I like movie version,too. Anyway,this summer, I looking forward to Spider Man 2.

I don't know about ghost Rider and Sin City, so I checked them internet. I think this will be entertaining movie. Nicholas Cage is OK, but... Mickey Rourke? Oh, does he still actor? Big Grin

BTW, I've ever heard about two Japanese animations make into live action movies in Hollywood. The title is "Dragon Ball" and "Mighty Atom". Is this true? :confused:

New Comic Book movies! - nijimeijer - 05-29-2004

Supposedly, Blade has a far reduced role in Blade III--it's as much about him as it is the two younger slayers that he's training. Word is, it's the last Blade, and they're going to try and spin off with those two characters.

New Comic Book movies! - Bastard - 05-29-2004

nijimeijer Wrote:Supposedly, Blade has a far reduced role in Blade III--it's as much about him as it is the two younger slayers that he's training. Word is, it's the last Blade, and they're going to try and spin off with those two characters.

Any word if they are going to use the characters Hannibal and Drake for the two young slayers?

I know that in the early 90's Marvel did a series called "Nightstalkers" or "Darkstalkers" in which Blade was the maverick character of a monster fighting trio. The other 2 characters were the aforementioned Hannibal and Drake. Hannibal became half-zombie or something, and Drake was the son of Dracula, but noone knew it--not even Blade.

New Comic Book movies! - Bastard - 05-29-2004

Kenji Asakura Wrote:BTW, I've ever heard about two Japanese animations make into live action movies in Hollywood. The title is "Dragon Ball" and "Mighty Atom". Is this true? :confused:

Kenji, I've heard the same rumor, but I haven't heard any definite word on whether or not the movies have been made.

--Jake

New Comic Book movies! - nonsun blob a - 05-29-2004

Bastard Wrote:Kenji, I've heard the same rumor, but I haven't heard any definite word on whether or not the movies have been made.

--Jake
did you hear about the evangelion live action? I don't understand how they could EVER pull that off. I just do'nt get what the movie's going to be about. I also did hear about the dragon ball movie, but not the mighty atom one.

New Comic Book movies! - Scott Hajek - 05-29-2004

By far, the best comic book movie coming out will be "Catwoman" with Halle Berry.Wink

New Comic Book movies! - jimbow8 - 05-29-2004

Scott Hajek Wrote:By far, the best comic book movie coming out will be "Catwoman" with Halle Berry.Wink
OMG! I pray that you are kidding!

New Comic Book movies! - Scott Hajek - 05-29-2004

jimbow8 Wrote:OMG! I pray that you are kidding!

Any movie with a hot chick wearing very little leather and wielding a whip has got to be good.Wink

I'm going to be first in line.