RepairmanJack.com Forums
FTL Newsfeed: VHS TO DVD CONVERSION - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: FTL Newsfeed: VHS TO DVD CONVERSION (/thread-1218.html)

FTL Newsfeed: VHS TO DVD CONVERSION - Keith the Elder - 09-26-2005

Problem solved.

I just ordered one of them new combo VHS/DVD player recorders from Amazon.com. It's got one touch dubbing, Paul. I can convert those bulky tapes to superior quality DVD's. for you in no time at all.

To make this convenient for you, I have formulated several possible scenarios to fit in with your schedule.

Plan A: Send the tapes to my house by secure carrier and I will forward the DVD's as they are created so you can view them at your leisure.

Plan B: I can meet you at a location mid-point between Jersey and Maryland where we can load the tapes in my car. How about Exit 7A on the NJ Turnpike?
Great Adventure Theme Park is there. We could make a day out of it. Do you like roller coasters? They got some dillies, I tell ya. And a log flume ride, but let me tell you right now that if you want to ride in the front seat, you're going solo my friend. That seat always gets soaked and I would not venture the thought of exposing the public to the sight of my slightly overweight middle aged self in a wet t-shirt. Hey, wouldn't it be a hoot if we wore our Isher Sporting Goods T-shirts??

I just re-read this post so far. I expect some of the boardwalkers will think I've lost one of my paddles. It would be foolish of me to think you would let the only copies of the FTL out of your possession. so.....

PLAN C: I am willing to move into your home for however long it takes to make these DVD's. I could sleep on your sofa, I have my own tempurpedic pillow, and I would of course wear a sensible bathrobe. Mine's blue, Paul, with white piping. And I'd be happy to treat you and the missus to dinner. Do you like Chinese buffet? My favorite is General Tso's Chicken. I've been eating it since it was Lieutenant Tso's Chicken.(ha ha) What's your favorite? Of course, any cuisine you prefer would be fine with me, as long as they take Diner's Club. Oh, you know what, I could get the local edition of the Entertainment coupon book. I'll make some calls.

So, just PM me to let me know how we can get this done.

P.S. I would like to make a copy for myself as well, if it wouldn't be violating any copywriting laws or rights or anything like that.

FTL Newsfeed: VHS TO DVD CONVERSION - BrettM - 09-26-2005

Keith the Elder Wrote:I can convert those bulky tapes to superior quality DVD's.
Now, how can a copy have quality superior to the source material? Do you also have access to a Xerox machine that makes better copies than the originals? Wink

Seriously, though, I've still got some reservations about the actual longevity of DVD media. Particularly the home-recorded type. I've got VHS tapes that are about 20 years old, and still play like new. I wonder if I'll be saying the same about my DVDs in another 15+ years?

FTL Newsfeed: VHS TO DVD CONVERSION - Barry Lee Dejasu - 04-30-2011

Perhaps we won't have any need for bootlegs. Check this site out.

This is a website literally about getting TV shows on DVD. If it's not out yet - be it an episode, a season, etc. - you can VOTE to get its release, and the admins will actually bring the votes to the respective rights holders' attention. Not to mention if a release is announced, they'll e-mail you and inform you that it's on its way (usually with information on the DVD's features, price, cover art, etc.).

And lo and behold...there's a page for FTL Newsfeed. Oh Seefee Channel...?

FTL Newsfeed: VHS TO DVD CONVERSION - fpw - 04-30-2011

The problem isn't conversion so much as editing. Each tape contains at least two copies of each segment, one states the date (for weekday use) and one undated (for weekend use). A worthwhile DVD compilation worth watching requires a straight progression of dated segments.