RepairmanJack.com Forums
Frankenstein - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Frankenstein (/thread-117.html)

Pages: 1 2

Frankenstein - jimbow8 - 05-21-2004

I just watched Frankenstein (nod to Repairman Jack's James Whale marathon) which I hadn't seen in a long time and am not sure if I ever saw in its entirety. It surprised me that Dr. Frankenstein's assistant's name is actually Fritz, not Igor. Where did the name/idea of Igor come from?!?!

Frankenstein - Noelie - 05-22-2004

His name was Fritz? :eek: Guess it's been a long time since I've seen it.

Frankenstein - Sam - 05-26-2004

Holy neck bolts!! I'd never heard of Fritz before. From what I can tell, Fritz died in Frankenstein, so the doc had to get him a new asst. for The Bride of Frankenstein and the next movie in the trilogy. Don't know if that's accurate but best I can tell.

Frankenstein - fpw - 05-26-2004

Sam Wrote:Holy neck bolts!! I'd never heard of Fritz before. From what I can tell, Fritz died in Frankenstein, so the doc had to get him a new asst. for The Bride of Frankenstein and the next movie in the trilogy. Don't know if that's accurate but best I can tell.

Dwight Frye played Fritz in Frankenstein and Karl in Bride of F; but not until Son of F was the assistant called Ygor (played by Lugosi).

Frankenstein - Kenji - 05-27-2004

Only I know Frankenstein movie is Robert DeNiro and Kenneth Branah version. I had no opportunity see old Frankenstein. Robert DeNiro is good actor,but he sometimes over-acting. Rolleyes But I like this version. Does anyone seen this movie?

BTW, When I went to see this movie's opening day, Robert DeNiro came to Japan, and he did speech on stage! That day was happy day! Big Grin ....but I regretted not having camera! Sad

Frankenstein - fpw - 05-27-2004

Kenji Asakura Wrote:Only I know Frankenstein movie is Robert DeNiro and Kenneth Branah version. (

Kenji, you MUST see the original 1931 Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein. See them back to back since they are really one movie - the second picks up right at the moment the first ends. Bride is the better of the two, a visually stunning film with a great score by Franz Waxman.

Frankenstein - jimbow8 - 05-27-2004

Kenji Asakura Wrote:Only I know Frankenstein movie is Robert DeNiro and Kenneth Branah version. I had no opportunity see old Frankenstein. Robert DeNiro is good actor,but he sometimes over-acting. Rolleyes But I like this version. Does anyone seen this movie?

BTW, When I went to see this movie's opening day, Robert DeNiro came to Japan, and he did speech on stage! That day was happy day! Big Grin ....but I regretted not having camera! Sad
I did not like the Robert DeNiro version of Frankenstein at all. Over-acting may have had something to do with it. It was also poorly written.

And I agree. You MUST see the original James Whale (director) version.

Frankenstein - Noelie - 05-27-2004

Quote:Dwight Frye played Fritz in Frankenstein and Karl in Bride of F; but not until Son of F was the assistant called Ygor (played by Lugosi).

I knew it was Dwight Frye, but the Fritz thing surprised me. I guess his name being Igor is just burned into my psyche. Looks like I'm not the only one, either. Wink

I really disliked the deNiro Frankenstein. I didn't really think it was overacting, I thought he sounded like a mob boss. That movie was quite disappointing to me, because I think that both deNiro and Branagh are fine actors normally.

Quote:Kenji, you MUST see the original 1931 Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein. See them back to back since they are really one movie - the second picks up right at the moment the first ends. Bride is the better of the two, a visually stunning film with a great score by Franz Waxman.

I agree. You MUST see them. You won't be disappointed. Big Grin

Frankenstein - Kenji - 05-27-2004

fpw Wrote:Kenji, you MUST see the original 1931 Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein. See them back to back since they are really one movie - the second picks up right at the moment the first ends. Bride is the better of the two, a visually stunning film with a great score by Franz Waxman.

I wanna see that original 1931 Frankenstein. But now in Japan, old Frankenstein is not available on DVD, rental video, and not broadcast in TV.

Frankenstein - Sam - 05-27-2004

fpw Wrote:Dwight Frye played Fritz in Frankenstein and Karl in Bride of F; but not until Son of F was the assistant called Ygor (played by Lugosi).

Karl?!?! :confused: Don't believe I've heard of him either. I'll have to watch these movies if I can. Guess I'm I bit Frankenstupid on this subject.