RepairmanJack.com Forums
Long time listener...first time caller - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Long time listener...first time caller (/thread-1050.html)

Pages: 1 2

Long time listener...first time caller - Brad_H - 07-02-2005

I have been viewing this forum for a while, but never thought to join until now. I am a Wilson fan and own and enjoy most of his books. The first time I ever heard FPW mentioned was in the back of a Hellboy comic. The Keep was mentioned as an inspiration by Mike Mignola.

I enjoy the fact that this is a community of FPW fans and you actually share your thoughts on other authors as well (not much into politics). I have picked up some other books because of the recommendations I have seen here and mostly enjoyed those novels as wel.

While waiting for my copy of Infernal from Gauntlet, I am currently reading Brian A. Hopkins "The Licking Valley Coon Hunters Club". The story rocks and I would highly recommend it.

Happy to be on board...

Long time listener...first time caller - smithers52 - 07-02-2005

Welcome to the forum. :p It's a nice friendly place!

Long time listener...first time caller - fpw - 07-02-2005

Brad_H Wrote:The first time I ever heard FPW mentioned was in the back of a Hellboy comic. The Keep was mentioned as an inspiration by Mike Mignola.

Interesting. He's mentioned it to me in person, but I never knew it was in print.

Long time listener...first time caller - Kenji - 07-02-2005

Brad_H Wrote:I have been viewing this forum for a while, but never thought to join until now. I am a Wilson fan and own and enjoy most of his books. The first time I ever heard FPW mentioned was in the back of a Hellboy comic. The Keep was mentioned as an inspiration by Mike Mignola.

I enjoy the fact that this is a community of FPW fans and you actually share your thoughts on other authors as well (not much into politics). I have picked up some other books because of the recommendations I have seen here and mostly enjoyed those novels as wel.

While waiting for my copy of Infernal from Gauntlet, I am currently reading Brian A. Hopkins "The Licking Valley Coon Hunters Club". The story rocks and I would highly recommend it.

Happy to be on board...

Welcome to the board, Brad_H. This place is good for sharing your thoughts. Enjoy your reading!

Long time listener...first time caller - Flinx - 07-03-2005

Hi Brad,

Welcome to the board.

Long time listener...first time caller - Maggers - 07-03-2005

Welcome, Brad. This board is a great place to hang out. Have fun!

Long time listener...first time caller - sll - 07-03-2005

Brad_H Wrote:I have been viewing this forum for a while, but never thought to join until now. I am a Wilson fan and own and enjoy most of his books. The first time I ever heard FPW mentioned was in the back of a Hellboy comic. The Keep was mentioned as an inspiration by Mike Mignola.

Happy to be on board...

Welcome Brad. I'm always on the lookout for recommendations.. I check out Brian's web page. Looks good, might try and pick up one of his books.

Long time listener...first time caller - jimbow8 - 07-03-2005

Welcome to the board, Brad.

Stick around and contribute. It's fun.

Long time listener...first time caller - Keith the Elder - 07-03-2005

Welcome to the board. If you've been visiting for a while, You know I'm going to suggest you give that HAIKU thread a whirl!

keith the elder

Long time listener...first time caller - Lisa - 07-04-2005

Welcome to the board, Brad. It's interesting all the places FPW gets mentioned.

Lisa