RepairmanJack.com Forums
Alone in the Dark - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Alone in the Dark (/thread-1033.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Alone in the Dark - fpw - 06-23-2005

This is an old-fashioned monster movie at heart, but it's tricked out with big guns and bad CGI. As for the story, well, the tag line should read, "Incoherence has a new name, and it is Alone in the Dark".

Alone in the Dark - jimbow8 - 06-23-2005

This movie looked horrible from the start and the reviews were awful. Why do you punish yourself by watching these?!?! Big Grin

Alone in the Dark - Medusa - 06-23-2005

fpw Wrote:This is an old-fashioned monster movie at heart, but it's tricked out with big guns and bad CGI. As for the story, well, the tag line should read, "Incoherence has a new name, and it is Alone in the Dark".
Does it follow along the lines of the video game at all?

jimbow8 Wrote:This movie looked horrible from the start and the reviews were awful. Why do you punish yourself by watching these?!?! Big Grin

Because sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised.

I know a lot of Atari-heads hated it because it deviated too much from the game, but that doesn't meant it's a bad movie.

In this case, there were other reasons -- lots of them -- for disliking it.

I'm almost tempted to rewatch it and count the number of times characters yell "Go!" Has to be a world record here. (One great line: "Go-go-go!")

fpw Wrote:Because sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised.
Touché. Same reason I rent some of these. Big Grin That's why I rented Uncle Sam. AARRGGHH!! Wasn't pleasantly surprised.

jimbow8 Wrote:That's why I rented Uncle Sam. AARRGGHH!! Wasn't pleasantly surprised.

Wow. That looks lke a prime candidate for Bad Movie Night. Into the queue it goes!

fpw Wrote:Wow. That looks lke a prime candidate for Bad Movie Night. Into the queue it goes!
Don't say I didn't warn you!

Alone in the Dark - Scott Miller - 06-23-2005

fpw Wrote:[SIZE=3]Because sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised.

Decadent Evil is a pretty damn good low-budget vampire flick. I checked it out for its humorous potential, but ended up liking it because it was decent horror.

Immortal is about Egyptian Gods set in a Blade Runneresque type future New York. It combines live action, CGI and animation to create one of the more unique looking films I have ever seen. It flags a little towards the end, but overall I was impressed. It is directed by Enki Bilal, based on his own comic.

Alone in the Dark - Scott Hajek - 06-23-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:Touché. Same reason I rent some of these. Big Grin That's why I rented Uncle Sam. AARRGGHH!! Wasn't pleasantly surprised.

Just checked out the link. Whoa! We better hope that GWB doesn't get a hold of this one. He just might see it as another superhero flick.

Alone in the Dark - Peter - 06-23-2005

I have only once in my life shouted Go, Go, Go! and it was during a paintball game. All my team just turned to me and, almost in unison, said "What was that again?". Not really the desired effect but I do try.