RepairmanJack.com Forums
Brokeback Mountain - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Brokeback Mountain (/thread-1372.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Brokeback Mountain - neotank - 01-08-2006

Maggers Wrote:Too true. Hollywood loves to get on a bandwagon...any bandwagon, whatever wagon is leading the band at the time. I don't think "Brokeback Mountain" deserves an Oscar. "Capote" is far better, for instance. However, I will give Heath Ledger a nod for some unexpected terrific acting. But he doesn't deserve the award, either; Philip Seymour Hoffman was EXTRAORDINARY in "Capote." If he doesn't get the Oscar, what a miscall that will be.

I agree about "Chariots of Fire." Did anyone like it then and has anyone watched it since? Back in 1981, I'd have given best picture to "Atlantic City," a gem undiscovered by many younger boardwalkers here, I bet.

Well I was about five at the time.... so tell me... what was Atlantic City? Smile

Brokeback Mountain - Peter - 01-08-2006

Atlantic City? Very well made and acted, starring Burt Lancaster and ( I think) Susan Sarandon. It was a long time ago and I didnt really take to it but I think you would call it a story about obsession. A bit intense for me.

Brokeback Mountain - Maggers - 01-08-2006

neotank Wrote:Well I was about five at the time.... so tell me... what was Atlantic City? Smile

Five? That's why you would have given the oscar to "Raiders." Big Grin Nothing wrong with "Raiders," mind you, just not a movie that deserved an Oscar, IMO.

"Atlantic City" is a thoughtful and touching film directed by French director Louis Malle, starring an elderly Burt Lancaster at his best and a terrific Susan Sarandon. It's character driven, with a good story, and no explosions, car crashes, bombs or Nazis. Susan Sarandon takes a memorable "bath" with lemons while standing at a sink. Some images just last....

Brokeback Mountain - willowz - 01-10-2006

KRW Wrote:What's scary, reform or Richard Simmons? Or is it reforming Richard Simmons?

KRW
lol reforming richaard simmons, he is just to weird, a good heart though, maybe

Brokeback Mountain - neotank - 01-10-2006

Maggers Wrote:Five? That's why you would have given the oscar to "Raiders." Big Grin Nothing wrong with "Raiders," mind you, just not a movie that deserved an Oscar, IMO.

"Atlantic City" is a thoughtful and touching film directed by French director Louis Malle, starring an elderly Burt Lancaster at his best and a terrific Susan Sarandon. It's character driven, with a good story, and no explosions, car crashes, bombs or Nazis. Susan Sarandon takes a memorable "bath" with lemons while standing at a sink. Some images just last....

LOL. Raiders is my all time favorite. It's the perfect adventure movie. Fun movies deserve oscars too!

Sorry to go off topic Sad

Brokeback Mountain - NewYorkjoe - 01-15-2006

I'm sure to offend SOMEBODY with this, so I apologize in advance, but I can't help myself. It's either a gag reflex or PUN-ishment for offenses in my previous incarnation!

Growing up in Manhattan, one becomes more used to and accepting of gays than in other parts of the country (except, perhaps, for San Francisco and Philadelphia). After all, Stonewall took place in the Village in the late 60's and that was really the Concord of the activist gay movement. However, that does not mean that you cannot make fun of them . . . especially when they begin to take themselves SOOOO theriously! Accordingly, since I enjoy putting new words to familiar tunes:

The Ballad of Bust-Ass Mountain
(or Homos on the Range, to the tune, "Home on the Range")

Oh, show me a homo, with his jeans worn so low,
that his ass crack is shown on display.
With a tube of K-Y, that I'll smear on his thigh,
then, I'll drive him on home all the day.

Chorus:
Homos on the Range, where the queers and the pederasts play,
If you're tired of the "Y," and the Navy, don't try,
Just head to the West for some head!

Some guys prefer sheep, where the wool ain't too deep,
And, some others a heifer that's cute!
As for me, I get hard, when I'm feelin' my pard,
Then, up his tight butt I will scoot!

(Chorus)

Well, it's time Hollywood made a gay film that's good,
And, who knows? Maybe this one won't lack!
Maybe next time cowboys will pick up Indian boys,
And, the warpath will be a dirt track!

(Chorus)

You get the idea, feel free to add verses! Big Grin

Brokeback Mountain - t4terrific - 01-15-2006

NewYorkjoe Wrote:I'm sure to offend SOMEBODY with this, so I apologize in advance, but I can't help myself. It's either a gag reflex or PUN-ishment for offenses in my previous incarnation!

Growing up in Manhattan, one becomes more used to and accepting of gays than in other parts of the country (except, perhaps, for San Francisco and Philadelphia). After all, Stonewall took place in the Village in the late 60's and that was really the Concord of the activist gay movement. However, that does not mean that you cannot make fun of them . . . especially when they begin to take themselves SOOOO theriously! Accordingly, since I enjoy putting new words to familiar tunes:

Chorus:

(Chorus)

(Chorus)

That one is graphic enough to gross out even the slightest of homophobes! Bluuuuhhhgg!

I noticed the recent tv spots of Brokeback mountain are designed to make it look like a traditional Western. They show the guys roping cows and dancing with women. They are trying to pretend it isn't a gay fest love film.

How pissed would some old cowboy be when he goes to see a Western and sees two gay cowboys eating pudding? There might be a fire folks!!

Brokeback Mountain - Maggers - 01-15-2006

t4terrific Wrote:That one is graphic enough to gross out even the slightest of homophobes! Bluuuuhhhgg!
Agreed...that previous post was truly tasteless and has no point on any board. I'm waiting now for poems about blacks, Hispanics, and any other minority group because, apparently, why not. Everyone is up for grabs; we should all be graphically and stupidly insulted for being what..human?

Quote:.....sees two gay cowboys eating pudding?...
Hate to disappoint you as you seem to really like that image but there is no such scene. Yes, they kiss; yes, they hug; yes, they lie abed together and there is one modest love scene. But there's nothing graphic in the movie.

Brokeback Mountain - NewYorkjoe - 01-15-2006

I'm sure to offend SOMEBODY with this, so I apologize in advance, but I can't help myself. It's either a gag reflex or PUN-ishment for offenses in my previous incarnation!

Chorus:

(Chorus)

(Chorus)

Brokeback Mountain - Maggers - 01-15-2006

Hmm...not quite sure why the poem was posted again, a scant 6 hours later, with nothing but the post title changed slightly. I'm also not sure why being a New Yorker makes any difference with such a post. I was born and raised in NYC and still live here. My brother is gay and I wouldn't think to speak of him in such a fashion. I just don't find it funny.