RepairmanJack.com Forums
Director for the RJ Movie? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Director for the RJ Movie? (/thread-2516.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Director for the RJ Movie? - Scott Miller - 10-11-2007

My first vote goes to Alex Proyas(The Crow, Dark City) who doesn't seem to be too busy at the moment. I also think Alfonso Cuaron or Guillermo Del Torro would be good but their slates look pretty full. I actually wouldn't mind Tarantino taking a stab at it.

Director for the RJ Movie? - GeraldRice - 10-11-2007

Yeah, but Tarantino wouldn't be able to help himself and would tinker needlessly with the script until Repairman Jack would be utterly recognizable to the rest of us. It might still wind up being a better-than-decent movie but we want Repairman Jack. Not Quentin Tarantino presents...

Director for the RJ Movie? - law dawg - 10-11-2007

Kenji Wrote:Tony Scott! Nice choice.

But I would choose Ridley Scott. Big Grin
Couldn't argue with Ridley Scott.

But I loved, loved, LOVED Man on Fire.

Scott Miller Wrote:My first vote goes to Alex Proyas(The Crow, Dark City) who doesn't seem to be too busy at the moment. I also think Alfonso Cuaron or Guillermo Del Torro would be good but their slates look pretty full. I actually wouldn't mind Tarantino taking a stab at it.
Hard to argue with any of those choices.

Director for the RJ Movie? - bones weep tedium - 10-11-2007

law dawg Wrote:Couldn't argue with Ridley Scott.

But I loved, loved, LOVED Man on Fire.

Have you ever read the novel of Man On Fire by AJ Quinnel? I am curious becasue I think Man On Fire is one of my favourite ever books, and I was devastated when the film turned out to be a disappointment.

If you havent read it, I heartily reccommend it. But if you have read it, I wonder how you can be so enthusiastic about the film? What was your favourite part?

bones weep tedium Wrote:Have you ever read the novel of Man On Fire by AJ Quinnel? I am curious becasue I think Man On Fire is one of my favourite ever books, and I was devastated when the film turned out to be a disappointment.

If you havent read it, I heartily reccommend it. But if you have read it, I wonder how you can be so enthusiastic about the film? What was your favourite part?
I have not read the book.

As to why I liked it? I don't know, it's just a great film to me. Why do I like chocolate ice cream better than vanilla? I just do.

Director for the RJ Movie? - bones weep tedium - 10-11-2007

law dawg Wrote:I have not read the book.

As to why I liked it? I don't know, it's just a great film to me. Why do I like chocolate ice cream better than vanilla? I just do.

Really? :confused:

Or are you just being too haughty to engage me in conversation? Wink

Director for the RJ Movie? - DaveStrorm - 10-11-2007

I also really liked Man on Fire. I've never read the book so that could be a reason. The majority of times when I read a book before seeing the movie I end up liking the book better. But I thought both Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning were great in their roles and I thought the end was pretty heart wrenching.

Director for the RJ Movie? - Auskar - 10-11-2007

bones weep tedium Wrote:Have you ever read the novel of Man On Fire by AJ Quinnel? I am curious becasue I think Man On Fire is one of my favourite ever books, and I was devastated when the film turned out to be a disappointment.
I read the novel. I didn't think the movie was a disappointment. In fact, I thought it was a pretty good updated and somewhat different version. I thought the movie was great.

The novel was published in 1980 and most ex-spy novels don't tend to stand up well over time. Could you imagine filming the Bourne movies as they were originally written? No.

bones weep tedium Wrote:Really? :confused:

Or are you just being too haughty to engage me in conversation? Wink
I really did like the movie bro! I can't tell you why I liked it, other than I loved the script and the acting and the story of the man, I just really did.