RepairmanJack.com Forums
Brokeback Mountain - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Brokeback Mountain (/thread-1372.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Brokeback Mountain - KRW - 12-20-2005

AsMoral Wrote:If the note falls off they may deem it a sign of the apocolypse and all flee to fire island for a fabulous cookout. The world needs gays, who else will do all those makeover shows?

Well, we can't change them all. The true diehards will have to broadcast their shows from underground, or from top of Brokeback mountain, wichever ever suits their fancy.

KRW

Brokeback Mountain - Maggers - 12-20-2005

AsMoral Wrote:If the note falls off they may deem it a sign of the apocolypse and all flee to fire island for a fabulous cookout. The world needs gays, who else will do all those makeover shows?

ROFL! Hey Tony, did you know I was thrown off Fire Island by a lesbian?

I was visiting for the day and happened to run into 2 gay male friends, one of whom was a good buddy of mine. Well, the woman who I was actually there to visit took umbrage (and probably rightly so) with my spending more time with my friends. The fact that she was hiding in her kitchen, hovering a little too close to some knives (she was a little off in the head at the time, it can happen to anyone), clutching pillows and sobbing for most of the day added to my need to get out of her house.

She finally pointed to the door and threw the ferry schedule at my head.

I found my friends and had a great trip home.

Scott Hajek Wrote:Besides, in reference to homosexuality, the Bible only forbids a man to lay with another man. Woman on woman action is acceptable, which only solidifies the idea that God is a man or that the Bible was written by men. (This is the only part of the Bible I like to quote, by the way, it's fun to watch reactions when you point this out.)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but read Romans chapter 1, verse 26. (King James version)

KRW

Brokeback Mountain - Maggers - 12-20-2005

Regardless of what any of us thinks, "Brokeback Mountain" will probably be nominated for best picture and Heath Ledger for best actor.

Brokeback Mountain - Tony H - 12-20-2005

KRW Wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble, but read Romans chapter 1, verse 26. (King James version)

KRW

I try not to put too much stock in the bible. I mean, talk about perverse. Jesus spent his last day sprawled on planks of wood in a diaper in front of thousands.

SEE YOU IN HELL SUCKERS!

Brokeback Mountain - Tony H - 12-20-2005

Maggers Wrote:ROFL! Hey Tony, did you know I was thrown off Fire Island by a lesbian?

I believe it. I thought for sure we would have been thrown out of DisneyWorld together due to the profanity that streamed so poetically from your mouth when attacked by the seagulls. Ahh, the memories.

Brokeback Mountain - Scott Hajek - 12-20-2005

KRW Wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble, but read Romans chapter 1, verse 26. (King James version)

KRW

That one is wide open for interpretation. I still stand by my original posting, that the author(s) of the bible were into girl-on-girl action and would never go to see "Brokeback Mountain" no matter how artsy it is.

Brokeback Mountain - Paige - 12-20-2005

Too funny not to post. It had me in giggles.

I give you The straight dude’s guide to ‘Brokeback’

Paige Wrote:Too funny not to post. It had me in giggles.

I give you The straight dude’s guide to ‘Brokeback’

I'm sorry, but that didn't help much. But that was hillarious!

KRW

Brokeback Mountain - t4terrific - 12-20-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:Besides, in reference to homosexuality, the Bible only forbids a man to lay with another man. Woman on woman action is acceptable, which only solidifies the idea that God is a man or that the Bible was written by men. (This is the only part of the Bible I like to quote, by the way, it's fun to watch reactions when you point this out.)

Regarding this movie, the subject matter may not be ideal for most, but it all boils down to a love story. So what if it's between two puddin' eatin' cowboys, two Bible-sanctioned women, a man and a woman, a woman and a man, a man and his car, a woman and an ape... it's just a love story. You don't like love stories? Don't go see it.

What about a woman and her 25 foot tall ape?