RepairmanJack.com Forums
What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What so-called "Bombs" did you like? (/thread-624.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - fpw - 01-14-2005

Medusa Wrote:Another favorite that the critics hated was Battlefield Earth.

A GREAT comedy. Haven't laughed so hard since.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - jimbow8 - 01-14-2005

Kenji Wrote:Donny Darko is awesome movie. Though I can't understand some scenes yet...

The Big Lebowski is fun movie. Especially, the end of Steve Bushemi.....gosh! :p
Kenji, I absolutely LOVE Donnie Darko. Have you ever watched the commentaries? They help clear some things up, though much of the movie is meant to be confusing and illogical, I think.

I also love Clash of the Titans and Krull. Have you seen Jason and the Argonauts?

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Medusa - 01-14-2005

Dave Wrote:I'm with Flinx on this one. Hudson Hawk was great. Andi McDowell doing dolphin impressions, how can you not love that?

I also loved Casualties of War, MJ Fox was brilliant, just ashame Sean Penn mumbled his way through it.

Ed TV is always a fun watch (with a great turn by Ellen Degeneres, but I won't go there!).

Get Over It is a hidden gem in my mind, gets better every time you see it.

And I'll finish up with Worth Winning. No idea if it bombed or not, but is not well known over here, but Mark Harmon was a star in that film.

Dave

I can't believe I forgot about Hudson Hawk! That was just on. And the dolphin great! "You must pay the rent" ha ha

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Kenji - 01-14-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:Kenji, I absolutely LOVE Donnie Darko. Have you ever watched the commentaries? They help clear some things up, though much of the movie is meant to be confusing and illogical, I think.

Thanks, Jim. Someday I'll re-watch it with commentaries.

Quote:I also love Clash of the Titans and Krull. Have you seen Jason and the Argonauts?

Yeah! I love that series too. Jason and the Argonauts, this Japanese title is "Argo tankentai no bouken". Those series are well-known as "Sinbad series".

Clash of the Titans, my favorite scene was Perseus vs Medusa. Perseus did hide behind pillar, and he wait for Medusa. Medusa did slowly move and approached to him. And he raised sword! I was kid, but I still remember that thrill in theater.

Krull, oh yeah....that was fantastic movie. Flying horses were wonderful. I also like the music by James Horner.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Medusa - 01-14-2005

I wonder does any know that Robbie Coltrane (our beloved Rubius Hagrid of Harry Potter) played the big bandit in Krull.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Kenji - 01-14-2005

Medusa Wrote:I wonder does any know that Robbie Coltrane (our beloved Rubius Hagrid of Harry Potter) played the big bandit in Krull.

Really? I didn't know that. But I know Liam Neeson played one of bandits.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Susan - 01-14-2005

Medusa Wrote:My husband and I tended to like some of the so-called bombs! One of our favorites was The Fifth Element. Critics said it was Bruce Willis' worst movie. We loved it! Another favorite that the critics hated was Battlefield Earth. We even like some of those cheesy movies that they play over and over on the movie channels when they have nothing else to play: Krull, Clash of the Titans, Sword and the Sorceror. . . Or am I just showing my age. hee hee

I love The Fifth Element! I see it any time it's on.

Here are some other guilty pleasures of mine:

1. The Quick and The Dead. I love movies that show women kicking butt, can you tell? Hehehe. This movie stars Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman and was directed by Sam Raimi. What could be better? It had several unknown actors in it like Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe.
  2. Fright Night A teenager moves next door to a vampire and enlists a tv vampire hunter (Roddy McDowall) to help him out.
  3. Red Dawn "Wolverines!"

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I could think of for now.

Susan

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - APhew - 01-14-2005

Susan Wrote:Fright Night - A teenager moves next door to a vampire and enlists a tv vampire hunter (Roddy McDowall) to help him out.

I love this movie. It reminded me of another film that bombed that I really enjoy: "The Burbs".

It also reminded me of a few other films that I grew up with that I think didn't do so hot in the theaters: "Explorers", "Monster Squad", and "The Gate". All of which I really enjoyed. I really wish someone would put "Monster Squad" out on DVD.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Scott Hajek - 01-14-2005

Kenji Wrote:Critics don't know anything about movies! I like The 5th element. Krull and Clash of the Titans....oh, I love them! That's our age! Big Grin

BTW, did you choose your name Medusa from Clash of the Titans?

I personally did not like The Fifth Element because of the screeching characters and Gary Oldman with the partial skullcap.

But, I love Krull and Clash of the Titans. Anyone remember the videogame based on Krull?

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Dave - 01-14-2005

APhew Wrote:I love this movie. It reminded me of another film that bombed that I really enjoy: "The Burbs".

Your Burbs comment reminded me of My Blue Heaven. When I worked in a video shop you could only put on PGs, so the list was limited, but this one went on more than most.

"You shouldn't be in the freezer section."
"Why not?"
"You're melting all the stuff!"

The last great Steve Martin film, IMO.

Dave