RepairmanJack.com Forums
Questions about 'Secret Vengeance' (SPOILERS, etc.) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Questions about 'Secret Vengeance' (SPOILERS, etc.) (/thread-3976.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Questions about 'Secret Vengeance' (SPOILERS, etc.) - Scott Miller - 02-23-2011

webby Wrote:I agree, Scott. SV gives us the best look yet at how Jack became the guy we saw in The Tomb.

And I was especially tickled by the scene with Mr. Rosen's nephew. I got a huge grin on my face reading those pages. Big Grin

Good for you! I admit I was stumped.

Thanks for the tip. Wink

I hate to inform you but you've just lowered your IQ by agreeing with me. And for the record, I overstated my powers of deduction, I didn't figure out the lock thing until after he sawed through the first one and the seam was too noticeable to go undiscovered.

Questions about 'Secret Vengeance' (SPOILERS, etc.) - Srem - 04-28-2011

I realize this thread is a couple of months old, but for the sake of not starting another thread I will just post on this existing thread.

I finished Secret Vengeance about two weeks ago, and had a nagging question:

What did the broken pyramid prison hold at one time? I figured it was a rakosh, perhaps. I don't believe there was ever a clear answer to this one, but I would be curious to know others' opinions or insight concerning this topic.

And speaking of 'rakosh,' I wonder if it would have ever made a difference with Jack's high level of oDNA when he was battling the rakoshi in the past? I wondered if they could sense his 'otherness' and perhaps perceive him as a less tasty treat than other humans with little to no oDNA?

Questions about 'Secret Vengeance' (SPOILERS, etc.) - Ken Valentine - 04-29-2011

Srem Wrote:I realize this thread is a couple of months old, but for the sake of not starting another thread I will just post on this existing thread.

I finished Secret Vengeance about two weeks ago, and had a nagging question:

What did the broken pyramid prison hold at one time? I figured it was a rakosh, perhaps. I don't believe there was ever a clear answer to this one, but I would be curious to know others' opinions or insight concerning this topic.
The impression I got was that the pyramid once held the (or an ancestor of the) creature that pursued Jack and Weezy in the flooding underground passages.

Quote:And speaking of 'rakosh,' I wonder if it would have ever made a difference with Jack's high level of oDNA when he was battling the rakoshi in the past? I wondered if they could sense his 'otherness' and perhaps perceive him as a less tasty treat than other humans with little to no oDNA?
I don't think so. The Mother Rakosh was relentless in her pursuit of Jack, and in the last scenes in ALL THE RAGE, Scar Lip recognized Jack as the one who saved him from being tortured when he was in the cage.

Ken V.

Questions about 'Secret Vengeance' (SPOILERS, etc.) - Alvin Fox - 04-29-2011

Ken Valentine Wrote:The impression I got was that the pyramid once held the (or an ancestor of the) creature that pursued Jack and Weezy in the flooding underground passages.

From descriptions it sounds like it was a q'qr which have been said to have been incredibly long-lived if they are left alone. And it was a male since the virus killed off all of the females.

Questions about 'Secret Vengeance' (SPOILERS, etc.) - fpw - 04-29-2011

AlvinFox Wrote:From descriptions it sounds like it was a q'qr which have been said to have been incredibly long-lived if they are left alone. And it was a male since the virus killed off all of the females.
This is all explained in The Dark at the End.

Questions about 'Secret Vengeance' (SPOILERS, etc.) - Alvin Fox - 04-29-2011

July cannot come soon enough.

Questions about 'Secret Vengeance' (SPOILERS, etc.) - KRW - 04-29-2011

AlvinFox Wrote:July cannot come soon enough.

I couldn't agree more. Wait! That's the middle of summer.... what am I thinking?

Questions about 'Secret Vengeance' (SPOILERS, etc.) - Srem - 04-29-2011

Thank you for the answers, gentlemen.

Yes, it makes sense that it could have been a Q'qr, since Jack and Weezy apparently encountered one underneath the lodge in Secret Circles.

The Dark at the End: Paul, have you finished writing this yet?
I was just wondering, as it would be cool to see at least one more of the three Infernals that hasn't already been mentioned in any of your other works.

So besides The Lilitongue of Gefreda, The Cleaning Machine, The mini-Tesla Machine, and Jacob Prather/Oz's Mystery Device, we still have three left to uncover. I don't count The Word/The Answer as being an Infernal, since it's technically not really a device or machine like the others.