RepairmanJack.com Forums
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (/thread-2869.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Maggers - 05-24-2008

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:I've seen it twice now.

I had a chance to see it again for free this afternoon. I said no thanks. I chose "Narnia" instead. Great choice.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - mkmfpwfan - 05-25-2008

The Mrs and I saw both the new Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Iron Man last Thursday. Indy was first. Wow!!!! It was really good bordering on great.Then came Iron Man. It was just ok. I was expecting more. I actually started to fall asleep in parts of it. The action scenes were damn good all other parts fell short---------Mark

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - xmradiodave - 05-25-2008

Hmmm. I tend to disagree. Although Iron Man and Indy are both formulaic and not breaking any new territory, I found Iron Man to be more enjoyable. Too much time has passed since I last saw Indy, and honestly, I stopped caring. There are tv shows I watched regularly until the writers strike forced them out of play for quite a few months. When the strike ended and new episodes came back on, i had already moved on and have not watched those shows since. That is how I felt about the latest Indiana Jones fare. I simply could not care.
It was not a bad film, but it just seemed tired.

Iron Man, although not breaking any new ground in a comic book film was at least a fresh character. If it takes twenty years for Iron Man 2 to come out, odds are, I will not care too much for that follow up either.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Libby - 05-25-2008

xmradiodave Wrote:Hmmm. I tend to disagree. Although Iron Man and Indy are both formulaic and not breaking any new territory, I found Iron Man to be more enjoyable. Too much time has passed since I last saw Indy, and honestly, I stopped caring. There are tv shows I watched regularly until the writers strike forced them out of play for quite a few months. When the strike ended and new episodes came back on, i had already moved on and have not watched those shows since. That is how I felt about the latest Indiana Jones fare. I simply could not care.
It was not a bad film, but it just seemed tired.

Iron Man, although not breaking any new ground in a comic book film was at least a fresh character. If it takes twenty years for Iron Man 2 to come out, odds are, I will not care too much for that follow up either.

Nice avatar!!Big Grin "I need more cowbell"

I need to see them both still. They sound good!Smile

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Scott Miller - 05-26-2008

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:
THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

I'm going to guess that you didn't see Raiders in the theatres when it originally came out or you wouldn't be saying that.

[quote=Blake]I liked it a lot. For me, it's easily on par with Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. (I won't bother comparing it to Raiders, which is in a class by itself and probably can't be compared fairly to anything anymore.) It's great fun, even (or especially) in its most preposterous moments, which I guess is the point.

Blake

Precisely my feelings about it.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - cobalt - 05-26-2008

Hubby and I saw this yesterday. Next to this one, the other Indy movies are pale.

But we did enjoy Ironman as well.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - sandman - 05-26-2008

Sorry, I have to be Negative Nellie and disagree. The movie started out GREAT, but then turned into unenthusiastic acting in overly silly scenes. Many of the special effects looked hokey, like a thrill ride at Universal Studios. It was kind of like flogging a old horse. Sad, but you still have to see it because it's Indiana Jones.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Libby - 05-26-2008

sandman Wrote:Sorry, I have to be Negative Nellie and disagree. The movie started out GREAT, but then turned into unenthusiastic acting in overly silly scenes. Many of the special effects looked hokey, like a thrill ride at Universal Studios. It was kind of like flogging a old horse. Sad, but you still have to see it because it's Indiana Jones.

So many opinions, I need one of my own! But I haven't seen the movie yet...SadSad Oh, BTW, I beleive it is flogging a dead horse. Unless you meant that flogging an old horse can have a purpous and partially succeed, but doesn't work all that well. Or something along those lines...

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Silverfish - 05-26-2008

Libby Wrote:...Unless you meant that flogging an old horse can have a purpous and partially succeed, but doesn't work all that well...

Who's trying to kill horses by flogging? :ooh:
He he.

Stephanie

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - Maggers - 05-26-2008

sandman Wrote:Sorry, I have to be Negative Nellie and disagree. The movie started out GREAT, but then turned into unenthusiastic acting in overly silly scenes. Many of the special effects looked hokey, like a thrill ride at Universal Studios. It was kind of like flogging a old horse. Sad, but you still have to see it because it's Indiana Jones.

You're not alone in your dislike of this INDIANA JONES, sandman. Check back towards the beginning of the thread. It's a tolerable, basic, brainless, summer blockbuster movie that you'll forget quickly. I know I did.