RepairmanJack.com Forums
Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Heroes, Weeds, Dexter (/thread-2647.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Noelie - 02-16-2008

Scott Miller Wrote:After a brief hiatus, I picked up Dexter again and I have to say I'm glad I did. Deb is definitely showing a bit more intelligence, both Doakes and LT. LaGuerta are paying for their stupidity and ice truck killer is a chilling villian.

I'm glad you gave it another chance. Season 2 is even better than the first, in my opinion. Michael C. Hall in particular... he sort of inhabited Dexter from the very beginning, but he hits it out of the park in season 2.

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Maggers - 02-16-2008

law dawg Wrote:Run, don't walk (I know you're laid up with an injury, but the sentiment is the same. Wink)

Trust me on this Maggers. You will love it.
I do trust you, LD. Wink I ordered it as fast as my little fingers would type. Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to getting it.

Noelie Wrote:I'm glad you gave it another chance. Season 2 is even better than the first, in my opinion. Michael C. Hall in particular... he sort of inhabited Dexter from the very beginning, but he hits it out of the park in season 2.

Have you seen that DEXTER is coming to CBS TV? How can that be? How can they show on standard television all that we've seen on cable? Won't there be censorship on broadcast TV that there isn't on cable? I wouldn't want to watch a censored DEXTER.

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - phoenix rising - 02-16-2008

If you like the show Dexter get the books!!!!!!!! They are truely amazing IMHO, Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Dearly Devoted Dexter, and Dexter in the Dark. (The Author is Jeff Lindsay)

phoenix rising Wrote:If you like the show Dexter get the books!!!!!!!! They are truely amazing IMHO, Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Dearly Devoted Dexter, and Dexter in the Dark. (The Author is Jeff Lindsay)
http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5908&highlight=dexter

Indeed. Many of us have written a number of times about how much we love the books and how they differ from the series. Noelie, myself, and Law Dawg, along with Marc and Auskar have written about the books, if memory serves.

I'm just waiting on the new book to come out, I am in need of new reading material. Though re-reading Jack of Shadows again is keeping me entertained.

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - law dawg - 02-16-2008

Maggers Wrote:I do trust you, LD. Wink I ordered it as fast as my little fingers would type. Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to getting it.

Please let me know what you think. Personally, I think it's one of the, if not the, best written shows on regular TV. I rank it up there with Dexter Season 1 (don't have Showtime so no season 2 yet), but a very different vibe.

And if you don't like Hiro, you don't have a soul. Smile

law dawg Wrote:Please let me know what you think. Personally, I think it's one of the, if not the, best written shows on regular TV. I rank it up there with Dexter Season 1 (don't have Showtime so no season 2 yet), but a very different vibe.

And if you don't like Hiro, you don't have a soul. Smile

I lost track of Heroes and decided to wait till the seasons were available on DVD so I could catch up. But Hiro was so excited about his power it was hard not to like him, especially when he ran into himself.....

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - Noelie - 02-17-2008

Maggers Wrote:Have you seen that DEXTER is coming to CBS TV? How can that be? How can they show on standard television all that we've seen on cable? Won't there be censorship on broadcast TV that there isn't on cable? I wouldn't want to watch a censored DEXTER.

Yes, I saw that and I've been puzzling over how they're going to do it. I imagine LOTS of editing both of content and of language, and the show just won't be the same. Imagine an edited Doakes. :eek:

Heroes, Weeds, Dexter - phoenix rising - 02-17-2008

Considering the coarse language I hope it doesn't get edited like movies coming to cable where they replace the word in a voice over..... I can't imagine Doakes or deb saying "fudge" as opposed to their favorite word that starts with F or shoot instead of Sh!t...